Hanoi City Tour (2-In-1)
Two quarters in just one city, what makes the difference?
If the Old Quarter is the most typical symbol for an old Hanoi, the French Quarter, on the other hand, is the new of the past Hanoi in 1900s. Standing side by side, each reserved its own beauty, old and dynamic, modest and discreet, charming and proud.
The Old Quarter
- Egg coffee
- Ma May Ancient House
- Bach Ma Temple
- Opera House
- St. Joseph's Cathedral
08:00 - Our tour guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby.
08:15 - To start the tour, we'll walk around the Old Quarter and listen to stories behind houses and inside allies. You'll see this commercial centre has changed not too much but not too little. Then, let’s go to Bach Ma temple. This temple is one of the four sacred points created according to legends to protect the capital.
09:00 - Leaving the temple, we're few steps away from Ma May House. This is one of the oldest houses in this quarter and it still preserves many unique features of urban house in the past.
09:30 - Before heading for Hoan Kiem Lake, it's perfect to sit down, drink some coffee and have a nice talk with locals to understand more about their life. Egg Coffee at Giang Coffee is highly recommended.
10:00 - Now, we're going to Hoan Kiem Lake - the heart of Hanoi - and our guides will tell you all the legends that make it special. Besides, we'll get inside Ngoc Son temple and get to know more about Vietnam culture.
11:00 - Right next to Hoan Kiem Lake is the French Quarter. Our guides will show you Trang Tien Street, the famous ice-cream street. Then, we'll go around to explore every building made by the French and see the difference in architecture between Vietnam traditional house and French design.
12:00 - End tour, come back hotel!
Note: Itinerary is the same for afternoon tour.
- Ma May Ancient House: 10,000 VND (~0.5 USD)
- Egg coffee: 25,000 VND (~1 USD)
- Tourists should dress properly (cover your shoulders and your knees) for religious sites like temples or pagodas.
- Every free tour can be customized basing on your time and preferences. The above itinerary is just our suggestions. It's your choice to plan your own one or ask us for more recommendations.
- The GUIDING SERVICES are totally FREE of charge but tourists are responsible for the following expenses during the tour: admission fees, meals and drink, as well as transportation fees both for you (tourist) and the guide.
- Inglés | Domingo, Lunes, Martes, Miércoles, Jueves, Viernes, Sábado | 08:30, 14:00