Hanoi One Day Free Tour
In just one day, you’ll have chance to see the whole Hanoi in a relaxing way. Within 8 hours, we will help you to discover the true Hanoi through its natural landscapes, places of interest and more.
-Temple of Literature
- Ho Chi Minh Complex
- Tran Quoc Pagoda
- Ma May Ancient House
- Hoan Kiem Lake
- West Lake
08:00 - Hotel pickup
08:30 - To start with, we will travel to the other side of Hanoi to see something more tranquil: West Lake Area. West Lake is the largest lake here and it also has Tran Quoc Pagoda (the oldest pagoda of Vietnam) standing in the middle.
09:00 – Leaving the pagoda, we will walk on Thanh Nien Street, the most romantic street of Hanoi. Along this street, we will head for Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum where the Great Father of Vietnam sleeps forever. Ho Chi Minh is the National Hero of Vietnam, who devoted his whole life to take back the independence for Vietnam. Passing the mausoleum, our guides will lead you to the house on stilt, fish pond and tell you stories about Ho Chi Minh.
10:00 – At 10am, we will be present at One Pillar Pagoda. This pagoda is famous for its legends and its special architecture like a lotus.
11:00 – Just 10 minute walking from Ho Chi Minh Complex is Temple of Literature. This is the first national university of Vietnam, built in 1070. Its education values as well as its architecture values are still remained and highlighted until now.
13:00 – Lunch. If you have any special requests for lunch, don't hesitate to tell our guides. They're always willing to recommend you the best, basing on the knowledge of locals.
14:00 – After fully recharging your energy, we're sure you can start the afternoon trip right away. First, we'll walk around old streets of the Old Quarter to see how this commercial centre changed over the years. Besides, we'll go to see the Ma May Ancient House, one of the oldest houses in Hanoi. You’ll have time to go around and do some shopping if you want.
14:30 – It's coffee time now. Coming to Hanoi, everyone should try Egg Coffee once. Our guides will show you the cafe shop with original recipies for egg coffee. Maybe this will be your new favorite drink.
15:00 – Leaving the cafe shop, we'll go straight ahead to Hoan Kiem Lake.
15:30 – Right beside Hoan Kiem Lake is the French Quarter. Our guides will show you famous houses and building made by the French during their invasion in Vietnam.
16:00 - At the end of the tour, it's your choice to see the Water Puppet Show or not. This show is highly recommended if you have never watched it. The show can turn out to be the highlight of your day. The show will end around 17:00 and our guides will lead you to your hotel then.
If you don't want to watch the show, tour will end at 16:00 and we'll come back hotel.
- Temple of Literature: 30,000 VND (1.5 USD)
- Ho Chi Minh Complex: 40,000 VND (2 USD)
- Ma May Ancient House: 10,000 VND (0.5 USD)
- Water Puppet Show: 100,000 VND (4 USD)
- Ho Chi Minh’s Stilt House: 8-11.30am daily & 2-4pm Tue-Thu, Sat & Sun
- Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum: 8-11am Tue-Thu, Sat & Sun Dec-Sep, last entry 10.15am. You may have to line up in a long queue to enter the mausoleum.
- Water Puppet tickets should be booked in advance.
- Tourists should dress properly (cover your shoulders and your knees) in religious sites like temples or pagodas.
- Every free tour can be customized basing on your time and preferences. The above itinerary is just our suggestions. It's your choice to plan your own itinerary or ask us for more recommendations.
- The GUIDING SERVICES are totally FREE of charge but tourists are responsible for the following expenses during the tour: admission fees, meals and drinks, as well as transportation fees both for you (tourist) and the guide.
- Inglés | Domingo, Lunes, Martes, Miércoles, Jueves, Viernes, Sábado | 08:00