Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free night tour the Templars and the Game of the Goose
We are the first free walking tours company of Galicia and we will be very happy to show you A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra, Vigo, Ourense, Lugo, Sarria and Fisterra. All our guide are local official tour guides, enthusiastic and looking forward to show you are beutiful Galicia.
Mystery, curiosities, surprises and History are mixed in this one and a half hour tour in which we will show you the different functions that the Knights Templar had related to the pilgrimage to Santiago, one of the best known orders and at the same time with a greater halo mystery around you .
With us you will discover their beginnings in the Order of the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon , how they provided different services along the Camino de Santiago, what profits they obtained, and the different traces they left in this city.
We know that this part of the "Game of the Goose" catches your attention and, honestly, we are sure that you will be surprised when you learn about the relationship between that famous game, the Order of the Templars, and the Camino de Santiago.
We will also learn about other lesser-known stories about the city, such as the stay of the Holy Inquisition in Santiago , where the walls ran through in ancient times, or even seeing an old cemetery for pilgrims.
Join us on this visit where we will put ourselves in the shoes of a medieval pilgrim and together we will reach the end of the Camino , in the Plaza do Obradoiro where, finally, you will learn how and when the end of the Order of the Temple happened.
Route: Quintana de Mortos, Praza de Cervantes, Praza da Oliveira, Porta do Camiño, Praza de San Roque, San Martiño Pinario, Old Pilgrims Cemetery, Praza do Obradoiro.
* Free payment for each attendee at the end of the visit.
* Punctuality is important. Reservations for visits will be held for 5 minutes after the start of the visit. Once this time has elapsed, the places will be released for the waiting list.
* In the case of not attending, it is requested and appreciated that the reservation be canceled or communicated so that the guide is not waiting and does not make the rest of the attendees wait.
* Reservations of more than 6 people in the same group of friends/family are not allowed . In case of making separate reservations for a group larger than 6 people, the guide can reject the attendees at the same meeting point.
* The client can request receipt of his payment or claim forms.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Pr. da Quintana, 15704 Santiago de Co...Pr. da Quintana, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, SpainDirections
1Outside visitQuintana de Mortos Square
2Outside visitCervantes Square
3Outside visitRua da Oliveira
4Outside visitPorta do Camino
5Outside visitSan Roque Square
6Outside visitSan Martin Pinario Monastery
7Outside visitold cemetery
8Outside visitPraza do Obradoiro
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).