Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Valencia, impressive melting pot of cultures- Free tour
Hello! I´m Lucia, a native of Valencia and passionate about local culture and traditions. I am an official tourist guide of Valencia County and a seasoned languages teacher. I´m bilingual in English language and I hold a B.A. in Social Sciences and Geography I have worked as a tour guide for several years, first in Dublin in the City Tour bus and now in my hometown, Valencia. As a local, I know many hidden corners and secrets of the city that I will share with you. I consider myself an empathetic and cheerful person with great communication skills. I love travelling and that is why I know very well what makes a place special. I have lived in exciting countries like Ethiopia, Burma and China as well as the UK and Ireland. Valencia is an amazing city where many exciting adventures await you. I will help you discover spectacular places and endless secrets and curiosities. Tour Valencia with me and I promise you an unforgettable experience!!!
Do you want to know the rich history and culture of the city of Valencia? Let yourself be accompanied by an official native guide, very passionate and knowledgeable about his land.
This tour is special because it is planned as a journey through time through a rich history of more than 2,000 years, visiting the most emblematic buildings where key events took place. I will reveal the legacy left by the Romans, Arabs and Christians and I will tell you legends of legendary characters who lived in Valencia such as the Borja family, or Jaime I, El Conquistador.
1. Estación del Norte, a jewel of Valencian modernism.
2. Plaza del Ayuntamiento, the nerve center of the city.
3. Plaza de la Reina: Torre de Sta. Catalina, Torre Micalet and the Cathedral with its interesting mix of architectural styles.
4. Plaza de la Virgen: Basilica and Palau de la Generalitat.
5. Barrio del Carmen: church of San Nicolás (Valencian Sistine Chapel)
6. Market Square: Lonja de la Seda (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Santos Juanes church and the Central Market , a marvel for the senses.
I will give you recommendations so that you can enjoy your stay in the city to the fullest, including restaurants to eat paella and tapas.
- THE TOUR WILL ONLY BE CARRIED OUT IF THERE IS A MINIMUM OF 4 PEOPLE
- ONLY CASH PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED IN EUROS CURRENCY
- IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND, I WOULD APPRECIATE YOU TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION TO LEAVE SPACES FOR OTHER PEOPLE
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Valencia Station North, Carrer d'Alac...Valencia Station North, Carrer d'Alacant, 25, 46004 València, Valencia, Spain
I'll be waiting for you at the main gate of the north train station carrying a lilac umbrella.
1Outside visitPlaza Redonda
2Outside visitIglesia de Santa Catalina
3Outside visitQueen's Square
4Outside visitSilk market
5Outside visitBasilica of the Mare de Déu dels Desamparats
6Outside visitRound Square
7Outside visitPalace of the Valencian Generalitat
8Outside visitSantos Juanes Church
9Outside visitSaint Nicholas of Bari and Saint Peter Martyr
10Outside visitCentral Market
11Outside visitcasa consistorial de valencia
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).