The Old Town or Casco Viejo is the name given to the site where the city of Panama was transferred in 1673. This city, drawn in a reticular manner towards the four cardinal points, was characterized by the agility of its streets and shutters, which earned it to be considered a classic model of an Indian city. It is located on a small peninsula, surrounded by a blanket of rocky reefs, within the current district of San Felipe. In 1997, the Old Town of Panama is included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
These are the sites that we are going to see in this Tour:
1. Plaza Catedral meeting point where the tour begins with those attending the tour and history begins at this point.
2. Visit to the Basilica Mayor Santa María la Antigua recently named by Pope Francis at WYD 2019.
3. Visit to the Museo de la Mola on the History of one of the ethnic groups in Panama.
4. Visit the Golden Altar in the San José church and see one of the largest nativity scenes in Panama.
4. Visit of the Jesuit convent
5. Visit to the Flat Arch and all its history that gave the yes to the construction of the Panama Canal.
6. Plaza de Francia and sighting of the entrance of the Panama Canal in the Pacific Ocean.
7. Plaza Bolivar and its monument such as the San Francisco de Asis church
8. Visit of the Nativity in the San Felipe Neri Church .
9. Panoramic View of the Modern City and Old Town
10. We finish at the place where the tour and sighting of the presidential house of Panama began.
You must also maintain biosecurity issues such as wearing a mask all the time, distance of 2 meters in some stops, you cannot see physical contact.
Note: it is very good to bring a poncho or cape in case it rains, a sunscreen in case it is sunny and always water to hydrate yourself, the weather in Panama is unpredictable, it is also good that you bring a copy of your passport on your Mobile with the stamp of entry to Panama and also your QR code of your vaccination card or photo of it, if you take any medicine bring it or tell the guide that you should take X medicine at a certain time, a cautious person is worth x two!
Meeting point: Open in Google Maps
How to find me: I will be waiting for you in the Plaza de la Independencia. In front of the Central Hotel
What's the price?
It was an amazing Tour and Dany knew a lot and could answer all the questions. He does the tour as you want to have it
What's the price?