Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Super fun and knowledgeable free tour of Nice!
Hi there! My name is Jasmin, I've been doing free walking tours in Nice for a while, and it's something I absolutely love doing! I love to meet new people, make them feel comfortable, and show them around. So, nice to meet you, and see you soon!
Do you want to do a super fun and knowledgeable walking tour of Nice, discover some of the most interesting places in the city and have great recommendations of things to do, more places to go to, and places to eat? Then this is the tour you're looking for!
On this tour, I will show you and explain to you everything there is to see and to know about the main part of Nice. The tour starts at the Fountain of the Sun (la Fontaine du Soleil) at Masséna Square (Place Masséna), then goes through the main part of the Old Town (le Vieux Nice), afterward on to the famous Promenade of Nice (la Promenade des Anglais) and it ends on Castle Hill (la Colline du Château) at the highest viewpoint of the city!
More precisely, during the tour you'll be visiting and learning about :
- Masséna Square, the Paillon Promenade (la Promenade du Paillon) and the Fountain of the Sun.
- The History of Nikaia and Nice, the Nine Oblique Lines (les Neuf Lignes Obliques), the optical illusions (les Trompe-l'oeil) and Molinard, one of the oldest perfumeries in France!
- The Opera House of Nice (Opéra de Nice) and Henri Auer, the oldest pastry shop in Nice!
- Cours Saleya and the famous Flower Market of Nice (le Marché aux Fleurs).
- The Canon Fire at noon and the Palace of the Kings of Sardinia (le Palais des Rois Sardes).
- The Bank Robbery of the Century (le Casse du Siècle) was done by Albert Spaggiari!
- The Nice Cathedral (la Sainte-Réparate) and Rossetti Square (Place Rossetti).
- The architecture in Old Town, the local food and even the local language!
- The Promenade of Nice, the Négresco, and the Dock of the United States (le Quai des États-Unis).
- Castle Hill: the Port of Nice (Port Lympia), Garibaldi Square (Place Garibaldi), some famous and wealthy people residing in Nice, and finally the highest viewpoint of the city!
So, see you soon!
Meeting point:1bis Pl. Massena, 06000 Nice, France1bis Pl. Massena, 06000 Nice, France
I will be next to the Fountain of the Sun at Place Masséna with my big beard (see pictures) and my small purple backpack.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).