No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Augmented Reality Walking tour of Milan
Hello everyone, I am Marco - a tech enthusiast, art lover, and Milanese guru! I have created an Augmented Reality tour that I hope you will enjoy. Always read the description of the tour for more information. I do not want tips, so please consider donating to a charity of your choice. My tour is a research project with a fundraising purpose, to make the world a better place through culture.
Combining my passion for technology and love for Milan's art and culture, I’ll bring you around Milan's most iconic attractions as well as hidden gems and places where to eat.
I will be [digitally] there, and with the help of Augmented Reality, I will also bring you on a time travel journey in the past. This is a research project, so I invite all my guests to donate to a charity of their choice instead of the traditional trip, provided you like the tour!
We will see the Duomo, Santa Maria Delle Grazie, Castello Sforzesco, le Colonne di San Lorenzo, and many more places.
The tour lasts 2 to 3 hours but can be stopped and resumed at any time.
1. Is this an on-site walking tour?
- Yes, it's a walking tour.
2. Will the guide be there?
- I will be a digital guide. In other words, I will not be in person but I have prepared a tour on a platform that I will send you. You will have audio, the route as well as the AR
3. What is AR?
- AR means Augmented Reality, and it's the technology that allows to have overlay digital content in the real world, by using your phone. You will be amazed I promise
4. Do I require to download an app or something?
- No, but you need internet on your phone to use it. As I said this is just a research project with the idea of tipping charity organisations.
5. Can I start it at any time?
- Technically yes, it's suggested to start when there are good lighthing conditions for the AR part.
6. How can I reach-out to you in case of emergency?
- I will send all info, and my phone number if needed, using the Guruwalk chat.
7. Why this?
- I took a free walking tour in Bruxelles and it was difficult to follow the guide given the large group of people. So I decided to create something a bit more unique and add coll tech to it given my passions. Yet this is more of a hobby so I prefer not to have any tips but have guests to donate to charity of their choices.
Meeting point:P.za del Duomo, 110, 20122 Milano MI,...P.za del Duomo, 110, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
You can start the tour in front of Duomo. I will be digitally with you on your phone thanks to the AR experience.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).