No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free tour of the main attractions of Tirana
I'm Ronald Bani, from Albania. I studied German and English language at the University of Tirana Albania. Thank you for visiting my country!
Welcome to Tirana!
This free tour includes the main landmarks of communist history in the city of Tirana and compared to the post-communist era.
During the 2-hour free tour, you will learn about the theory of communism and the history of communism in Albania.
This tour also provides an interesting first hand account of life before and after the Iron Curtain and helps to understand the local way of life and not just see the city from a tourist's point of view. The undercover stories reveal interesting facts about travel, housing, education, the media, propaganda, sports, health care, religion, and the economy under communism and compared to the post-communist era.
The tour gives a clear picture of how the Albanian people feel about their communist history today.
- Tirana Castle and Murat Toptani pedestrian
- Albanian Academy of Sciences.
- Parliament of Albania.
- The Great Mosque (Namazgah) of Tirana
- Tanner Bridge.
- St. Paul's Catholic Cathedral
- The Pyramid.
- Youth park and monument to the 100 years of the Independence of Albania
- The Prime Minister's office.
- The Presidency of the Popular Assembly.
- Checkpoint memorials.
- The Presidency.
- Mother Teresa Square, Polytechnic University of Tirana, University of the Arts.
- Italy Square.
- Apple zone, Mehmet Enver Hoxha, former dictator Villa.
- The Resurrection of Christ, Orthodox Cathedral.
- House of leaves (Museum of Secret Surveillance).
- National Bank of Albania.
- National Historical Museum.
- Palace of Culture.
- The Et'hem Bey Mosque.
- The Clock Tower.
- The Municipality building.
- Bunkart 2 (Former secret anti-nuclear tunnel).
- Sarajet (palaces) of the Toptani family.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:8RGC+JV6, Shëtitorja Murat Toptani, T...8RGC+JV6, Shëtitorja Murat Toptani, Tiranë, Albania
The entrance to the castle of Tirana *(Kalaja e Tiranes. Calle Pedonale before Toptani Shopping Center, Badge with text Universal Trip with red ribbon.
1Outside visitTirana Castle
2Outside visitAcademy of Sciences of Albania
4Outside visitUra e Tabakëve
5Outside visitSaint Paul Cathedral
6Outside visitPyramid of Tirana
7Outside visit100 Years Independence Memorial
8Outside visitThe Prime Minister's Fountain
9Outside visitThe President's Office
10Outside visitPostbllok - Checkpoint
11Outside visitSheshi Nene Tereza
12Outside visitUniversity of Arts
13Outside visitUniversity of Arts
14Outside visitSheshi Italia
15Outside visitEnver Hoxha's Former Residence
16Outside visitMehmet Shehu's Former Residence
17Outside visitResurrection of Christ Orthodox Cathedral
18Outside visitHouse of Leaves
19Outside visitBanka e Shqipërise
20Outside visitNational historical museum
21Outside visitPallati i Kulturës
22Outside visitEt'hem Bej Mosque
23Outside visitKulla e Sahatit
24Outside visitBunk'Art 2
25Outside visitSarajet e Toptansve ish Bar-Kafe
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).