No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
The Slum tour (An Insight of Dharavi slum in Mumbai)
Here, the story starts in the year 2011 as a learner tour guide (my name is Balaji I am from Dharavi slum ), with no knowledge of guiding a tour but, had a passion to meet new people and talking to them, a sudden opportunity to meet a foreign traveler for the first time with an open mind. Boosted me with an immense amount of self-confidence, that I can make this tour with my broken poor English. This continue for more than 10 years, and over 28000 visitors on various different tour, the most popular and my all-time favorite Dharavi slum tour is the best of all I do as it is my home and a community where I was born and raised in my childhood while walking along with me through Dharavi slum. I have hundreds of little stories to tell my visitors at every single stop on my tour which inspires them, and a nice little break for tea adds up more sweetness to my stories that you will never forget and it will become your life experience for sure. I welcome you to join my journey through the Dharavi slum and you decide what you feel about this place through your eyes.
SLUM TOUR: (An insight into Dharavi slum in Mumbai city)
Together Dharavi with its strong community and business makes
annual revenue of $800 million and a doubtable five-star slum in Mumbai. There are thousands of small-scale businesses you can see on every walk, in tiny single-room factories working with an enormous amount of energy from the local people.
And the spirit of Dharavi keeps people as one strong community, with many families from small village groups around the different regions of India speaking all regional languages. On all our special slum walk at Dharavi in Mumbai, the guest will get to see the sense of enterprise in every single individual along with the strong community which makes people show and feel proud of what good work they are doing for society.
- Recycling factory: Here at this recycling we can see old audio/video castes, some floppy discs, aluminum beer cans, etc. all kinds of scrap from all around the globe for recycling with hard-working rural employees.
- Alleyway: This will take you back to your childhood, make you play maze around the narrow alleyways, and you can see the smallest houses of Dharavi.
- Leather factory: It is the first and the biggest business in Dharavi, also a major exporter of all products such as belts, volutes, shoes, jackets, etc. globally.
- Street market: A walk through the Dharavi market where we get to see the vendor selling fruits, vegetables, groceries, etc.
- Community: Feel the sense of community by walking around many families of different language and different village who lives in their own families and village groups around its temple mosque and church.
- Pottery industry: The only place to get pots in Mumbai, with people's endless traditional art and magical hand-creating oil lamp, lights millions of houses in Mumbai during Diwali, a Hindu light festival.
Meeting point:Tip Road,Unit no.58, Ground floor Ram...Tip Road,Unit no.58, Ground floor Ram Mahal Building, Senapathi, Senapati Bapat Marg, Marinagar Colony, Station, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400016, India
you can meet me at the third wave cafe opposite the Mahim junction station ( west )
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).