Florence from above. Alleys, gardens and rooftops
A couple of hours are enough to escape the bustle of the crowds, through the narrow alleys of medieval Florence, to see the walls and some of the gardens of the old city. On this walk you can admire one of the best preserved ancient churches in Tuscany and enjoy the best views that can be seen of the centre of Florence from the legendary Piazzale Michelangelo.
It's a slightly demanding walk, with steep slopes up and down.
Places of interest:
1. Costa di San Giorgio. House of Galileo and Giardino Bardini.
2. Porta di San Giorgio and Forte di Belvedere.
3. Walls and olive groves of the old city of Florence.
4. Porta di San Miniato.
5. Giardino delle Rose and first panoramic views.
6. Church of San Miniato al Monte. Visit and panoramic sights.
7. Piazzale Michelangelo. Superb panoramic views and sculpture reproductions.
8. Porta San Nicolò, Palazzo de 'Mozzi and Bardini Museum.
- Spanish | Wednesday | 09:00
- English | Wednesday | 11:00
- Italian | Wednesday | 13:00