No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
We are a friendly team, focused on our history, culture and many other fantastic features that make our city unique and beautiful. Free Walking Tour León (The Original) has been running for more than 3 years, we have walked with many people around our crazy city. We are happy and proud to offer this trek as it is the only complete trek in León and all of Nicaragua! and of course! for walkers like you!! Come join us and experience the city while learning about history through interesting murals, colonial churches, volcanoes, traditional food and why not? many suggestions that will make you feel more comfortable during your stay and ready to discover lion on your own. # FreeWalkingTourLeón
* The Original * Free Walking Tour is the Welcome tour to all of the travelers of the World coming to Nicaragua. In León, the oldest city in the country while walking around its Historical Center!! we´ll bump into with: History, Culture, Gastronomy, friendly People, beautiful Churches, Monuments and several Murals. they are the vivid memories of a City that still remains its colonial heritage, land of crazy poets and artists. Santiago de los Caballeros de León, it was called in 1524 by Spanish settlers. And it was designated as the first capital of Nicaragua by Captain Francisco Hernández de Córdoba. León has been the brain of the Nation and the center of the most important historical facts. thus, discovering and knowing about León is knowing about Nicaragua!
* The first Capital of Nicaragua.
* Headquarters of the first University and 2 in Central America (UNAN).
* Cradle of the largest Nicaraguan Rubén Darío, prince of the letras Castellanas.
* Capital of the Sandinista Popular Revolution until the fall of the Somoza dictatorship.
* FSLN Foundation, Sandinista National Liberation Front.
* Heritage site that has 2 of the 4 cultural resources declared by UNESCO.
Many events of national and regional importance talk the history about the Colonial City of León. It's a excellent place to live experiences in; Volcanoes, Beaches, Islands, Traditions, Gastronomy, Nights of Music and Latin Dances, Learn Spanish, Rural Communities, Natural Reserves and a lot of experiences waiting for you.
Avenida Central Norte, Across the street from the Tourist Information Office
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Leo was an amazing tour guide! Easily the best tour I’ve been on in Central America
Leo was a great tour guide. Very knowledgeable and a fun guy. I loved his idea of pitching in a tiny amount of money at the market so we could all taste test various N...
Leo was amazing! Very easygoing and informative. He made the history of Nicaragua easy to understand and delivered the facts in a fascinating way. Definitely highly re...
Awesome Tour, (Pino-)Leo knows his facts, he explains the complex history of his country really good and at the beginning we had (for 30 Cordobas ~ 1USD pP) a taste o...
Die Tour war super gut, wir haben viel erfahren über das Land, die Stadt, seine Geschichte und natürlich die Menschen. Wir waren auf dem Markt und haben lokale Speisen...