- Available in: Spanish
About the tour
The free tour to the Vatican City and St. Peter's Basilica allows tourists to get to know the center of Christendom first hand, to obtain a historical, cultural, artistic and religious approach to the smallest state in the world.
The guided tour leaves from Piazza Venezia, in the heart of the city, to end in the Plaza de San Pedro, the work of the great architect Bernini, which highlights the San Pietro colonnade, the Egyptian Obelisk and the largest temple in the world, with 22,000 square meters.
Impressive is the dome of the basilica, the work of Michelangelo, the largest in the world, with 135 meters high and 14,000 tons. The tour includes:
- Venice Square
- Church of 'Il Gesù', central of the Society of Jesus (Pope Francis is Jesuit).
- Sacred Area of Largo de Torre Argentina, temples of the 6th century BC.
- Basilica of Sant'Andrea della Valle.
- Campo de 'Fiori, the oldest market in Rome.
- The house of the mistress of Pope Alexander VI.
- Chiesa Nuova - Santa Maria in Vallicella (Rubens paintings).
- Ponte de Sant'Angelo.
- Castel Sant'Angelo.
- Via della Conciliazione.
- St. Peter's Square - Vatican City.
After the tour, which lasts around 3 hours, attendees can already freely visit the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica of San Pedro (Requires the purchase of tickets). In addition, during the free tour I recommend where the best restaurants and ice cream shops in the area are located, as well as the streets where you can buy gifts, clothes or footwear.
What's the price?