Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Getting lost in the Hanoi Old Quarter - Free Walking Tour
Xin Chao! I am Huyen. I was born and raised in Hanoi. My passions are always traveling and getting to know fascinating places, meeting people from all over the world, and experiencing top gastronomy linking food and cultures. Over the past few years, I have travelled across Vietnam from ordinary places to exotic spots like Ha Giang and Ca Mau, known as the Northernmost & Southernmost points, and many more! Vietnamese food has an unique identity and varies in different parts. Believe it or not, northern, middle, and southern food is tasted differently. Also, I have been tried all the top Vietnamese food nationwide and ready to relay all of my knowledge and expertise to you. Are you ready to come along with me? I can't wait to show you the city that I love. Cheers!
As the oldest continuously developed area, Hanoi’s Old Quarter has more than 1000 years of history and seems to resist the flow of time while still actively trying to adapt to the crowded atmosphere of the city. Wandering around this unique ancient area, you will get lost in a different world from the rest of the capital and discover things you haven’t seen in your life: Hanoi attractions, the smallest alley, or some hidden spots which are far from tourist's eyes.
Hanoi Old Quarter Tour- HIGHLIGHTS
1. Enjoy a guided tour of the Old City highlights, including the thirty-six streets of the Old Quarter. These areas are at the heart of French, Chinese, and Vietnamese architecture with a thousand years of history. Enter via the Quan Chuong Gate, the same place where Vietnamese from all over the country have entered for hundreds of years.
2. Visit the Ngoc Son temple and the famous Turtle Tower.
3. In the Hoan Kiem lake area, walk in the footsteps of history on the Ba Kieu temple and try the iconic egg coffee at a hidden coffee shop nearby.
4. In the beer corner, see the famous Ta Hien street with French and Vietnamese architecture.
5. Get an insider looking at hidden Hanoi highlights such as Thanh Ha temple and the tiniest alley in the city to learn about the Vietnam War.
6. Experience the scents, sounds, and flavors of Dong Xuan, the biggest market in the city, which has everything you can think about from clothes, Shoes to spices and fish. Take in the vibrant colors of the fruit and vegetables and spice markets with brightly-hued ingredients and aromas.
7. Tour ends at the Long Bien Bridge.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:13 Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Hàng Trống, Hoàn ...13 Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Please meet the guide at 13 Dinh Tien Hoang street, in front of the small alley number 13.
1Outside visitNgọc Sơn Temple
2Outside visitĐinh Café
3Outside visitNgõ Phất Lộc
4Outside visitĐồng Xuân Market
5Outside visitLong Bien Bridge
6Outside visitOld Quarter Ta Hien Corner
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others tours from this guru
Others cities to visit after Hanoi
Find similar guruwalks in Hanoi