No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Free WW2 & Communism Tour
Join the YouTube team Real Prague Guides aka 100 Spires City Tours for a free tour you will never forget (unless you drink too much beer after the tour🍻). We are a team of certified local tour guides who know how to make Prague's history fun! (Yes you heard it right! Fun and educational!) Most of us grew up in this city and know it like a back of our hand. So you definitely won’t get lost with us! So come and join us and let’s have fun together exploring Prague!
On this tour, we will immerse in Prague's darkest period of history, which lasted from September 1938 till November 1989. Through stories of courage and hope, you will learn about the Holocaust and the fate of Jewish People in Prague. You will hear about the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich during the operation Anthropoid, the aftermath of which left brave Czech paratroopers fighting for their lives against 700 Nazi soldiers in the church of Cyrill and Methodius. We will show you the Dancing House where Valentine's Day bombing took place and the dorm where a student, whose story inspired the Velvet Revolution, lived. You will also learn about the Coup d'état of 1948, Prague Spring, the Invasion of 1968, why Jan Palach set himself on fire and where did the fall of communism and the famous Velvet Revolution start.
- The Neogothic Wing of Old Town Hall (Prague Uprising)
- Stumble Stones -Maisel Synagogue (exterior)
- Pinkas Synagogue (memorial for victims of the holocaust, exterior)
- Winged Lion Memorial
- Memorial of Second Resistance Movement
- Wenceslas Square (Prague Spring, Jan Palach)
- Rotating Head of Kafka
- Narodni Street (Velvet Revolution)
- Vaclav Havel Square
- Dancing House
- Anthropoid Operation
- National Memorial to the Heroes of the Heydrich Terror (inside)
- Our groups are limited to 30 people, which is one of the lowest maximum capacities in the city (other companies typically accommodate up to 40 people). If this number is too high for your preference, we recommend hiring a private guide.
- We are unable to arrange alternate meeting points or assist latecomers in locating the guide, even if they message us via chat. Guides cannot send messages while they are waiting for customers or conducting tours.
- Please note that this activity is not recommended for people with mobility challenges.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Klárov 1, 118 00 Praha 1-Malá Strana,...Klárov 1, 118 00 Praha 1-Malá Strana, Czechia
Klarov, Malostranska metro exit (there is only one)
1Outside visitWinged Lion Memorial
2Outside visitMemorial of the Second Resistance Movement
3Outside visitPinkasova Synagoga
4Outside visitOld Town Square
5Outside visitWenceslas Square
6Outside visitFranz Kafka - Rotating Head
7Outside visitPamátník Sametové revoluce 17. listopadu 1989
8Outside visitVaclav Havel memorial
9Outside visitDancing House
10Free admissionNational Memorial to the Heroes of the Heydrich Terror
This is the highlight of the tour and one of the most important monuments to Czech WWII resistance. Nowadays, you can visit this museum absolutely for free!
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).