Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Hidden Tastes of Istanbul
We are licensed professional tour guides in English, Spanish, Arabic, and Polish languages. We love the unique historical richness of our city of Istanbul. In our tours, we limit the number of walkers with maximum 15 to have more motivated theme. You can always write to us about any special things you need during your visit in Istanbul. It could be about any how-to questions.
Hidden Tastes of Istanbul tour will offer you to discover unique Turkish Cuisine which is not very well known for the tourist.
While we are discovering the unique tastes of the city we will be also highlighting the important historical monuments.
Please note that this tour is not a vegan or vegetarian friendly tour.
- A very typical turkish breakfast : Simit & Borek
- One of the best baklava shops in Istanbul hidden in an old Han
- A very small ice cream shop in the hidden corner of the Grand Bazaar
- A unique Turkish Döner Shop (aka shawarma or gyros in some places)
- Kokorech ( Grilled Sheep's Intestines)
- Hidden Gems of Grand Bazaar
- Traditional malt beverage Boza
- Raw Meaball point of Vefa District
- Famous beans of Süleymaniye
Please note that;
- at the end of the tour, you are expected to tip the guide minimum 10 Euros or 250 liras per person.
As it is a free tour paying for the food is on the attendees. I will be explaining culinary customs and showing the secret places for the food. Attendees may pay for the food for tasting or they can just listen and get to know about these places. It is not obligated to buy the food.
Please, if the tour hours not match with you see the other options via guruwalk Istanbul
Tour themes #localfood #turkishcuisine #streetfood #gourmet
Meeting point:Mollafenari, Vezirhan Cd. No:16 D:18,...Mollafenari, Vezirhan Cd. No:16 D:18, 34120 Fatih/İstanbul, TurkeyDirections
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).