Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
SOHO Free Tour, "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll" in the heart of London. (Not suitable for children under 14 years)
𝗔𝗹𝗴𝘂𝗻𝗮 𝘃𝗲𝘇 𝘁𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗱𝗼 𝗲𝗻 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝗷𝗼𝘀? 🇬🇧 When you get to the meeting point you will see 𝗦𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗴𝗼 🖖, "𝘦𝘭 𝘨𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘰", there is no substitute ... journalist and guide resident in 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝘀 for almost a decade. 👉 I love ice skating, noodles, Charing Cross musicals and answering questions to tourists who get lost. Don't miss it on my tours: 1. Historical accuracy. 2. Have a good time. 3. Lots of drama. 4. Sense of humor. 5. Empathy. The future of Free Tours ⛱️ belongs to independent guides. ☝️ So 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗔, they take it out of my hands...
*Not suitable for children under 14 years of age.
!Done the law done the snare!
From the legalization of piracy to Paul Raymond , going through the transformation of the brothels of the old red light district.
SOHO represents the revolution of the modern era reinventing the nude in theaters or giving the system a fight with the first communist manifesto.
- We begin with the Opium War in Chinatown , going through the misadventures of the most womanizing English king at the origins of this old hunting ground. By the beginning of the 20th century, there was a mixture of restaurants of foreign origin, a fashionable place for intellectuals, writers, and artists.
- We will pass by the famous Red Lion where Marx and Engels met to change the course of history.
- We will tell the anecdotes of the famous Windmill Theater that opened a stage in Burlesque, dodging the censorship of the moment.
- We will walk the streets of the most famous Gay neighborhood in the world remembering the King of SOHO, Paul Raymond, through the clubs that are still open.
- We will talk about the rise of Sex Shops to the decline of Night Clubs, in an area that survived one of the toughest cholera pandemics, thanks to Dr. John Snow.
- Rolling Stones or Jimi Hendrix will accompany us on this adventure in the heart of London, through the streets of the famous Carnaby Street, a symbol of the 70s .
- We will finish in the temple that launched the acclaimed Beatles to fame: The Palladium Theatre, very close to Oxford Circus , where we will put the icing on the cake of our Tour.
If you dare, we can working OUT !!
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:2 Swiss Ct, London W1D 6BY, UK2 Swiss Ct, London W1D 6BY, UKDirections
2Outside visitSt Anne's Church
3Outside visitBe At One
4Outside visitInternational Festival of Erotica
5Outside visitBOX Club
6Outside visitSounds of the Universe
7Outside visitSanta Ana Recording Studios
8Outside visitThe London Palladium
9Outside visitJohn Snow Water Pump
10Outside visitCarnaby Street
11Outside visitBag Of Nails
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).