Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
The fascinating Historic Center of Ourense
We are the first free walking tours company of Galicia and we will be very happy to show you A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra, Vigo, Ourense, Lugo, Sarria and Fisterra. All our guide are local official tour guides, enthusiastic and looking forward to show you are beutiful Galicia.
"There are three things in Ourense that there are not in the rest of Spain: the Holy Christ, the Roman Bridge and the Burgas boiling water".
This saying perfectly defines what we are going to show in this tour:
We will begin in the Plaza Mayor, the heart of the old town of Ourense, talking about its Roman origins that still play a leading role in the city today, such as its baths or the Roman Bridge.
Of course, the Mercado de Abastos is also part of this route, between the Alameda park and Las Burgas.
We will visit the Cathedral of San Martiño de Ourense, known for housing the chapel with the Holy Christ , whose image of Christ on the cross seems to be alive, as tradition says that even his hair grows. In the Cathedral you can also see the Pórtico del Paraíso , one of the most impressive and best preserved porticos reminiscent of that of the Cathedral of Santiago.
The well-known “wine area” is located in the surroundings of the Cathedral, because if Ourense is known for something, it is also for its gastronomy and great variety in its tapas area within the old town and the best place to end our route.
Do you think they are enough reasons to discover the city of Ourense with us?
* Free payment for each attendee at the end of the visit.
* Punctuality is important. Reservations for visits will be held for 5 minutes after the start of the visit. Once this time has elapsed, the places will be released for the waiting list.
* In the case of not attending, it is requested and appreciated that the reservation be canceled or communicated so that the guide is not waiting and does not make the rest of the attendees wait.
* Reservations of more than 6 people in the same group of friends/family are not allowed . In case of making separate reservations for a group larger than 6 people, the guide can reject the attendees at the same meeting point.
* The client can request receipt of his payment or claim forms.
Meeting point:Pr. Maior, 32005 Ourense, SpainPr. Maior, 32005 Ourense, Spain
In the Praza Maior (Main Square) look for the BLUE UMBRELLA
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).