No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Ben's Valletta free walking tour
Hi, my name is Ben. I previously used to work in IT, but now I'm a full-time Tourist Guide! I'm a licensed professional tourist guide and I have guided thousands of people all around Malta. I'm also 100% Maltese, born & raised here. I love meeting new people and showing them around my country of Malta. I usually adapt to the audience, but I usually intersperse history, current Maltese culture, and what the Maltese people think & feel, together with recommendations for places to eat & drink (usually my favourite spots ;) ).
Hi, in this tour I show you around a must-see in Malta: Valletta, the capital city.
In the tour, I will give a historical overview & contemporary context for the buildings and sites that we see.
I love talking about the Maltese people's beliefs and cultural attitudes.
We'll also pass by some highly recommendable bars and restaurants, of which I will point out my favourites.
Please consider booking my Mdina tour: https://www.guruwalk.com/walks/44781-ben-s-mdina-free-walking-tour
- I accept cash, Revolut, or PayPal as forms of payment.
- If you're travelling to Valletta before the tour starts please take into account that traffic and delays are common, so please consider leaving around an hour before the starting time. I've had many guests who were confident they could make it on time miss a boat, or get stuck in traffic.
- Please do not book children/teens < 18 years old. They can join, but please do not book them, as they take up slots that can be used by adults.
- Children are welcome provided they do not disturb the other guests or the tour. Either by running around or by being noisy. This would be very distracting and disrespectful to the other guests and to the guide.
- It's true, it's marketed as a "Free Tour" but please consider the amount of effort the guide puts in, together with the quality of information, and the quality of the tour itself. A recommended donation amount is €10 per person. There are those who give more, which is VERY much appreciated and helps with the sustainability of the tour. Of course the amount is totally up to you to decide.
- Provided there are no sudden obstacles implemented by the local community, the tour is fully wheelchair accessible.
Meeting point:VGW6+2W6, Valletta, MaltaVGW6+2W6, Valletta, Malta
Please meet me INSIDE the UPPER BARRAKKA gardens. Keep walking further in until you reach the railings overlooking the canons & the fantastic view. I'll be in between the arches, with a WHITE umbrella. Please ask for "Ben" and not the "Free Tour" :)
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).