Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free Tour Chiang Mai, The Pearl of the North.
Your guide in Thailand is a Spanish-Latin American tourism receiving company showing Thailand is our language since 2009 with official TAT license and official Spanish speaking guides.
- Wat Phra Singh Temple: We will start at 8:00 am at the door of the Wat Phra Singh Temple, learning about the history and architecture of the most important and well-known temple in Chiang Mai. This impressive site is located in the very center of the old city, with very beautiful gardens and is visited by hundreds of people a day. A great place to learn about Buddhism, learn about architecture and tradition and about the life of the monks.
- Wat Chedi Luang Temple: After a walk through the streets of the old city of Chiang Mai, we will discover another of Chiang Mai's jewels. Also known as a temple fortress, the Wat Chedi Luang compound is an ancient temple used as a fortress to protect property and the monarchy from Burmese invasions. Inside the enclosure we will see the huge chedi where the Emerald Buddha was kept in ancient times.
- Tour in Songteaw: Thanks to the advice of our guide, we will learn to get around in Songteaw, red vans used as a shared taxi that circulate within the city. This is a form of transport widely used by locals and ideal for economically moving around late at night to go to the night market or restaurants, thus getting around in the most economical way. The price per person is only 30 Baht (one euro) and as it is a free tour, the client has to pay at the moment.
- 3 King Monument: The monument honoring three ancient kings, also known as the Anusawari Sam Kasat, stands in a large open square in the heart of the old town in front of the old town hall building, which is now a city museum. In this large square we will learn more about the history of the northern capital of Thailand, Chiang Mai.
- Wat Chang Man Temple: The oldest temple in Chiang Mai, a place to get lost and walk around seeing the garden and the different places. A very photogenic point and where we will learn more about the architecture and tradition of the country.
- Explanation and End of the tour: The free tour ends at the Wat Chang Man temple around 10:25 am, there is the option of continuing the tour with Extension A and Extension B named below, but if any client does not want to do them, the guide will explain to customers like to go back to their hotels or wherever they want to go. We ask with all our hearts that you be generous with the payment if you value the tour as a good experience.
🔴 ATTENTION IMPORTANT INFORMATION: 🔴
Some of the temples have an additional cost for entry.
- 50 Bahts per person entrance to the Wat Phra Singh temple.
- 50 Bahts per person entrance to Wat Chedi Luang temple
Meeting point:เลขที่ 22 พระสิงห์ Tambon Si Phum, Am...เลขที่ 22 พระสิงห์ Tambon Si Phum, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
At 08:00 am at the port of the Wat Phra Singh temple
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).