Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free walking tour of Old Montreal
Hi! I’am a passionate “globetrotteure” who travelled around the world and worked for many years guiding French, English, Spanish travellers around Canada. I am a professional licensed guide of Montreal and I can give you the inside “scoop”of the city, from history, cuisine, architecture and more.
Montreal stretches over a 50km long island and the old city is located on the shores of San Lorenzo. In just 375 years it was founded by French missionaries in 1642, 3 centuries of history that made Montreal the first major commercial center in Canada.
In this free walking tour we will visit:
- Plaza de Armas: Monument to the founders.
- Notre-Dame Basilica: masterpiece, considered one of the splendid churches in North America
- Bank of Montreal
- St-Jacques Street: In this "Wall Street" of Canada where the statement "Montreal was the metropolis of Canada" takes on all its meaning. Bold architecture, banks and insurance companies, very beautiful facades etc.
- Plaza Victoria: Park, subway, underground city, ICAO and World Trade Center.
- Porto Vecchio: In its glory days and for centuries it was one of the most important inland ports in North America.
- Set of historic and romantic streets that descend to the San Lorenzo river.
- Place Jacques-Cartier: Hotel de Ville, the town hall, the Bonsecours market, the chapel, the S-Paul street and Notre-Dame
You can not miss it !!
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:462 Pl. Jacques-Cartier, Montréal, QC...462 Pl. Jacques-Cartier, Montréal, QC H2Y 3B3, Canada
I have a red hat and a Montreal flag
1Outside visitHistoric Site Marguerite-Bourgeoys and Chapelle Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).