No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Barcelona 2-in-1: Old Town + New City - Gothic to Gaudi
We are a team of young, professional guides with a passion for meaningful history and storytelling. We've all been giving tours in the city for many years and will help you understand what makes it such a unique place!
All-in-One Highlights Tour! Gothic quarter and Gaudi buildings
Discover the Old Town's historic streets and squares as well as the main Modernist Gaudi buildings in the upscale newer part of town!
Why spend an entire day doing two separate tours if you can do it all at once?
See all the highlights and hear the stories behind them!
The Gothic Quarter Highlights:
Oldest part of Barcelona, this is where the city was founded.
- Roman walls, the earliest history of Barcelona
- Gothic style buildings from the 14th century
- The Barcelona Cathedral
- City Hall and Catalan Government Building on Plaça Sant Jaume
- Plaça del Rei, the medieval Palace's stunning main square.
- Plaça Sant Felip Neri, a hidden, fairytale-like square in the middle of the gothic.
- Plaça Reial, an arcade lined square for the upper classes in the 19th century.
- La Rambla, the most famous street in Barcelona
Learn the secrets and stories of Barcelona’s old town:
- Why is it called the Gothic quarter?
- Beautiful squares and courtyards hidden in the heart of the labyrinthic little streets and alleys.
- History, Local Culture and Legends.
Then we’ll take the metro for two stops to discover the newer, upscale, art nouveau part of town.
Modernism and Gaudi houses:
- Casa Batlló: Gaudi's fantastical "House of Dragon Bones")
- Casa Milà / La Pedrera: Gaudí's Monumental mountain of a house which may have inspired Star Wars design.
- Passeig de Gracia, the widest, most beautiful, luxury street in Barcelona.
- Casa Amatller
- "Manzana de Discordia": Block of discord
You’ll also understand Barcelona better!
- Why does Barcelona have such straight streets?
- What inspired Gaudi’s Fantastical Designs
- The history of Barcelona’s “Eixample Neighborhood” revolutionary grid system urban planning
- Why are the corners of buildings in Barcelona flat and “cut off”?
- Gaudi’s iconic Barcelona sidewalk tiles
- Modernist Lampposts
All in one single tour that covers the history, culture and hidden gems you might have never know or found by yourself.
Perfect activity if you only have a few days time in Barcelona.
Complete introduction tour for first time visit to Barcelona.
Great tour for couples, groups or company activities in Barcelona.
All the highlights and all the most interesting stories and insights, without it being a long winded history lesson.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Pl. de Ramon Berenguer el Gran, 9999,...Pl. de Ramon Berenguer el Gran, 9999, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
By the Sculpture on the square. Guide will have a White Umbrella and/or brightly colored name tag.
1Outside visitPlaça de Ramon Berenguer el Gran
Meeting point for the Old Town and Gaudi walking tour. Spectacular square with remains of Roman defensive wall, the medieval palace and a statue of a former king/count.
2Outside visitBarcelona's cathedral
We'll talk about the particularities and surprises of the Medieval Cathedral of Barcelona
3Outside visitPlaça del Rei
Courtyard of the former royal palace
4Outside visitBishops Bridge
The famous gothic bridge, most photographed spot in Barcelona
5Outside visitPlaça de Sant Jaume
Barcelona City Hall and Catalan State government building
6Outside visitPlaça de Sant Miquel
Square with a strange artwork paying tribute to the Catalan tradition of "human towers"
7Outside visitPlaça Reial
Big, beautiful arcade lined square from the 19th century. Gaudi Lampposts
8Outside visitLa Rambla
The most famous street in Barcelona
9Outside visitGaudí's Casa Batlló
Find out the meaning of the "Bone House" or "Dragon House". Gaudi's most fantastical and colorful creation
10Outside visitAmatller House
Modernist work by architect Puig i Cadafalch that combines many styles into 1 dazzling building
11Outside visitPasseig de Gracia
Spectacular upscale avenue with the most famous and beautiful Art Nouveau/Catalan Modernist Gaudi architecture
12Outside visitLa Pedrera - Casa Milà
Nicknamed "La Pedrera", this was Gaudí's largest and last private commission
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).