Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Free Night Tour Lugo Stories of Romans
We are the first free walking tours company of Galicia and we will be very happy to show you A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra, Vigo, Ourense, Lugo, Sarria and Fisterra. All our guide are local official tour guides, enthusiastic and looking forward to show you are beutiful Galicia.
If we were clear that Lugo is a Roman city , through this tour you will be able to delve into its history at the hands of our guides, who will accompany you for an hour and a half to learn everything related to that Roman era.
We will talk about pagan deities and rites, roads, bridges, domus and, of course, walls, throughout the visit, being able to see all these elements in situ .
We will tell stories and curiosities that the Roman Empire has left us as an inheritance. We will talk about why the months of the year went from being ten to finally adding two more. The way the Romans dressed and that have left an influence on how we dress today. How were the Roman houses and is that, although it may not seem like it, the houses of today still have great similarity with those of that time. This, and many more anecdotes will be part of this tour.
Come with us and we will visit the areas that still show us the Roman punch: from the Plaza Mayor where part of the forum was located, passing through the Rúa do Doutor Castro with an example of a visitable Roman domus, the Plaza de Armanyá with a milestone, the Plaza de Santo Domingo with remains of Roman walls, the intramural and extramural walls... and much more.
* Free payment for each attendee at the end of the visit.
* Punctuality is important. Reservations for visits will be held for 5 minutes after the start of the visit. Once this time has elapsed, the places will be released for the waiting list.
* In the case of not attending, it is requested and appreciated that the reservation be canceled or communicated so that the guide is not waiting and does not make the rest of the attendees wait.
* Reservations of more than 6 people in the same group of friends/family are not allowed . In case of making separate reservations for a group larger than 6 people, the guide can reject the attendees at the same meeting point.
* The client can request receipt of his payment or claim forms.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Pr. Maior, 1, 27001 Lugo, SpainPr. Maior, 1, 27001 Lugo, Spain
The meeting point is in Praza Maior (Plaza Mayoro). There look for the BLUE UMBRELLA.
1Outside visitmain square
2Outside visitRua Doctor Castro
3Outside visitRua Armanya
4Outside visitSanto Domingo Square
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).