No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
City Tour trough Lucerne with a Local Guide
I study history at the university of Lucerne and have lived here my whole life. For that I have a deep connection to the city and its history. With this background I'd like to show you one of Switzerland's most beautiful cities.
Welcome to Lucerne!
The length and the route of the tour are, if you wish so, adaptive. We can change it as well kinda spontaneously, that's no problem. If I am already completely booked, please write me a message, we might find a solution.
- We start at the gate of the old main station, just infront the new one, where you hear about one of the biggest catastrophes of Lucerne.
- We proceed to one of the biggest and most beautiful churches of Lucerne, the Hofkirche, where you learn about its history and political circumstances during its construction.
- One of the highlights! The world-famous Lion Monument of Lucerne. A dying lion that still is very alive in todays Lucerne.
- We walk through the old city with its cobblestone pavement to one of my favourite squares of the city, the Mühlenplatz.
- We walk via the Spreuerbrücke, the little (but in my view more beautiful) sister of the Kapellbrücke, to the Jesuitenkirche and the city model next to it.
- The second highlight, the Kapellbrücke with the Wasserturm, where you hear more of their rich history.
- We arrive at the Kapellplatz, where you learn more about the Fasnacht (carneval) in Lucerne, wich is one of the biggest cultural events of whole Switzerland. Here we also conclude our tour through the city.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Bahnhofpl., 6003 Luzern, SwitzerlandBahnhofpl., 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
I will wait at the Torbogen / the old entrance of the main station, just infront of the new main station. I will wear a little red backpack.
1Outside visitstation square
2Outside visitHofkirche St. Leodegar
3Outside visitMonument to the Lion of Lucerne
4Outside visitLucerne old town
7Outside visitjesuit church
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).