Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free night tour Women of A Coruña
We are the first free walking tours company of Galicia and we will be very happy to show you A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra, Vigo, Ourense, Lugo, Sarria and Fisterra. All our guide are local official tour guides, enthusiastic and looking forward to show you are beutiful Galicia.
With the last rays of light on the streets of the old town of A Coruña, we invite you to join us on this one and a half hour tour to discover the many great women who, throughout history, were born, grew up, lived or even defended this city.
We will learn in depth the story of María Pita, the greatest heroine in the history of A Coruña and who gives its name to the square where the visit begins.
One of the great and most unusual milestones in the history of the city was the celebration, in a Catholic church, of the first same-sex marriage with Elisa and Marcela as protagonists and we will tell you their story and how they managed to escape persecution .
We will talk about other stories of love and heartbreak, of women who gave all their help and dedication to the citizens of A Coruña, without leaving behind, how could it be otherwise, one of the greatest writers in the history of this area. and from all over the country as Rosalía de Castro was seeing, among other things, the house in which she lived in this same city.
In the final part, we will talk about Emilia Pardo Bazán who, belonging to the nobility, established herself as one of the great signs and emblem of feminism of the time through her great works. Another woman related to the city and much mentioned in recent years is Isabel Zendal, but do you know her story?
Route: Plaza de María Pita, Church of San Jorge, Collegiate Church of Santa María, Plaza de Santa Bárbara, Plaza de Santo Domingo, Church of Santiago, to the Paseo Marítimo.
* Free payment for each attendee at the end of the visit.
* Punctuality is important. Reservations for visits will be held for 5 minutes after the start of the visit. Once this time has elapsed, the places will be released for the waiting list.
* In the case of not attending, it is requested and appreciated that the reservation be canceled or communicated so that the guide is not waiting and does not make the rest of the attendees wait.
* Reservations of more than 6 people in the same group of friends/family are not allowed . In case of making separate reservations for a group larger than 6 people, the guide can reject the attendees at the same meeting point.
* The client can request receipt of his payment or claim forms.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Praza de Mara Pita SN 15001 A Corua S...Praza de Mara Pita SN 15001 A Corua SpainDirections
1Outside visitMaria Pita Square
2Outside visitSt. George's Church
3Outside visitCollegiate Church of Santa María del Campo
4Outside visitSanta Barbara Square
5Outside visitSanto Domingo Square
6Outside visitSaint James Church
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).