Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free Cultural Walking Tour in Yerevan
***I am in love with Yerevan and spend most of my time walking around its streets and bridges to discover hidden gems to share with other travelers!*** Let me take you on alternative routes around Yerevan with top sights and show you charming passages, secret gardens and the best shopping districts while I share their history and tell you my favorite tales of the city. I am a licensed tour guide since 2015 and I have extensive background and knowledge in the history of Armenia, which dates back to 3, 500 B. C. 1.Intensive English Certificate - courses 1st and 2nd level; 15/01/2008 - 23/03/2008. 2.Tour Guide Certificate (provider UNHCR; 13/10/2014 - 01/06/2015) Looking forward to meeting you. Tigran
We set out to explore and begin our walk from the beautiful Republic Square through the center of the city till the surprisingly modern waterfalls to enjoy the views of the biblical Mount Ararat. During our walk we discover the ancient culture of Yerevan, the city that, despite numerous invasions, has not lost its unique traditions. We will also get acquainted with Armenian history; Architecture; Armenian food features; Geopolitics; Economy; Geography; Traditions; History of religion and many more.
This activity includes:
- We start our walk from the Republic Square
- Mirzoyan liberary
- Vernissage open air market
- Statue of Garegin Nzhdeh (key political and military leader of the First Republic of Armenia (1918-1921)
- Cultural Genocide Park ( Khachkars also known as Armenian stone cross)
- Republic Square metro station (discovering the Armenian subway)
- Andrei Sakharov Square (Russian nuclear physicist also activist for peace and human rights)
- House of Egor Khanzadyan (built in 1895 )
- Abovyan Street (oldest street in Yerevan)
- Opera House
- Statue of Hovhannes Tumanyan (famous Armenian writer)
- Northern Avenue
- We finish our walk at Cascade Stairs
Unfortunately we we are not able to invite children(1 -12 years old) for our tour - thank you for your understanding.
1. The tour is not wheelchair accessible.
2. The tour is not stroller accessible.
1. Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
2. Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
Meeting point:5GH7+9C Yerevan, Armenia5GH7+9C Yerevan, Armenia
In front of the History Museum of Armenia (the meeting point is right between the dancing fountains and the History Museum). I'll be waiting for you with a red umbrella written "Free Walking Tour in Yerevan"
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).