Hi ! I’m Ramona. My friends called me ''Parisina'', thanks to my passion for Paris. I am a professional licensed guide, with years of experience in guiding large groups, as well as individuals’ tourists, in love with the city where I live, art and archeology. If you choose to join my tours, I will be more than happy to show you my city. I consider myself a person who love ...
Hi ! I’m Ramona. My friends called me ''Parisina'', thanks to my passion for Paris. I am a professional licensed guide, with years of experience in guiding large groups, as well as individuals’ tourists, in love with the city where I live, art and archeology. If you choose to join my tours, I will be more than happy to show you my city. I consider myself a person who love to meet new people and a ‘’professional traveler’’.
What you will see and do:
In this tour you will understand why this district is called ''the Latin Quarter'', you will learn about the beginnings of the French University, you will discover remarkable monuments and Roman ruins, you will hear about the love story of the 12th century, as famous as that of Romeo and Juliet and you will enjoy the colourful atmosphere of a street market.
In this 02:30h walking tour, you will experience the best of medieval Paris, following (for part of the tour) on the path of a lost river, which could have been seen in the city until the last century. Surprise !!! The river still exists beneath the asphalt, you just don’t see it.
You will explore and enjoy colorful markets, secret hidden gems, narrow medieval streets, and Roman ruins in Paris! We'll follow a natural waterway in the heart of Paris, La Bièvre, a river (not the Seine) that existed until the beginning of the 20th century, flowed in the Seine, and which was later transformed into a colourful market street boarded by restaurants, bars, and shops with French cheese specialty.
You will admire landmarks like the Pantheon, the famous library that was a model for the one in Boston, and stunning Gothic churches. The American author Hemingway lived in the area, just steps from the market street and the Square Saint Médard.
I will show you Gothic and Romanesque churches, secret streets, places connected with Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code and "Priory of Sion", Roman roads and Roman ruins, Merovingian places, and a torture chamber, right downtown!
We will stroll one of Paris' cutest neighborhoods, following the 'Lost River' on the Left Bank of the Seine, a river that still flowing under the streets of Paris.
1 - Market opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday. Closed Mondays and Sunday afternoon.
2 - The tour starts with Shakespeare & Company and ends in the Square Saint-Médard.
So, the tour doesn't end where it started. To get back to the starting point needs to take the subway Line 7 (Metro Censier-Daubenton, or Metro Place Monge, or Metro Monge Arènes de Lutèce) change with Line 10 or take Line 10 from Metro Jussieu and arrive at Cluny-La Sorbonne.
Uber/Taxi (6€ /10€) on your own. Metro 2€/person one way.
3 - Please note the transportation it isn't included in the tour.
(1) Fontaine Saint-Michel, Place Saint-Michel.
(2) Shakespeare & Company, the famous English Parisian Bookstore, opened by American Sylvia
Beach in 1919, a gathering place for writers such as Hemingway, James Joyce and many others.
(3) Saint Julien le Pauvre*, Romanesque Church dating back to the 13th century - the beginnings of
(4) Pass by: Orthodox Church of the Holy Archangels*, statue of Mihai Eminescu, square Michel-
Foucault, Collège de France,
(5) Pass by: Thermes & Cluny Hotel* - ancient Roman Baths
(6) Sorbonne* University and a Roman well
(7) Pass by: High school Louis-le-Grand and Cujas Library.
(8) The Panthéon*, an example of neoclassicism from the 18th century, a tribute to the Roman
(9) The Library Sainte Geneviève* (the model used by McKim for the Boston Public Library in the USA.
(The American architect graduating from Harvard, also studied architecture at the École-des
Beaux-Arts in Paris.)
(10) Church of Saint-Etienne du Mont*.
(11) The Clovis Bell Tower & the College Henri IV*.
(12) The animated Rue Mouffetard & the Marché.
(13) Square and the gothic church Saint-Médard*.
End of the tour.
The length of the tour 3/4 Km.
* means an exterior visit.
* Tour available starting with April 2021.
Meeting point: Open in Google Maps
How to find me: ''Latin Quarter private tour. On the path of a lost river.'' I will hold a telescopic stick in my hand.
What's the price?
What's the price?