Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free Tour Panamá Colonial Heritage
Hello and welcome to my beautiful Panamá. My name is Jorge and I've been 18 years guiding, this is my carrer and my profession. I´m a people´s person and I really enjoy to show my country. I love trevels, vintage things, food, Surf, culture and cats.I invite you to come; let me show you something of this little piece of land that unites the world, you will not regret. I will put you "in touch with the real Panama"......See you around !!!!
- Take a fun and enriching walk through these narrow streets and learn about the history of Panama's second city. Learn about how the city was moved from its first settlement after the pirates attack. Get an explanation about the two cities and their importance. Learn in a fun and different way with a certified tour guide.
- Sal si Puedes ( slaves area)
- Old Quarters
- Quinto Centenario Park
- Protection Wall
- Golden Altar
- French Plaza
- Meet the guide at the SELINAS HOTEL. Here we will start our walking tour with a panoramic view and an explanation about the city's transfer.
- Enter the suburb (slums) for a walk through the famous Sal si Puedes, a forbidden place for the insiders; we will be part of that vibrant and colourful part of Panama that many avoid showing.
- Continue our journey through Central Ave. and the pedestrian walk to finally get inside the walls of the Historical World Heritage city of Panama, known as Casco Viejo. Explore its colonial buildings and learn about the history of this marvellous place.
- Get inside some of the cathedrals of the city. We will also have time for some photos of the beautiful parks and squares. You will have a couple of minutes for a little stop at the Arts and Crafts Center where you can buy some crafts made by our local people.
- End the tour in the same place Quinto Centenario Park, and from here you will move to your respective hotels on your own.
- We should know that the Tour Guide is a professional with years of experience, graduated and specialized in Geographical, Ecological, Historical and Cultural Tourism. That also works for very renowned agencies. Therefore, He expects to be gratified according to his knowledge and the service provided. He is not a chatterbox or just a storyteller.
- At the end, your contribution will be according and will depend on the service provided and especially on the value and importance that culture, history, education and knowledge have for you.
- Payments or tips are not accepted by Paypal or other applications. Make sure you have enough cash before attending the tour.
- With all my respects, I ask the ladies to take in consideration that we will walk through places that are not so touristy and with a different culture and education, so you must be prudent with your clothing ( not very short pants, miniskirts, very low cut blouses), to avoid hearing ungentlemanly phrases.
- Also, please remember to wear appropriate clothing to have access inside the churches on the tour ( not very shorts pants, miniskirts, or shirts that leave the shoulders uncovered) .
- Bilingual Guide
- Meals / Lunch
- Entrance fees to museums or galleries of any kind
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable and fresh shoes and clothes (you will sweat a lot)
- Comfortable backpack with:
- Medications (if required)
- Some snack (if you wish)
- Raincoat or poncho or both
- Umbrella (full recomended)
- Copy of passport or the original ( recommended)
- Water (full recommended)
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- This tour begins at the Selinas Hotel ( Casco Viejo) and ends at the Catedral Plaza, and the clients must reach the meeting place on their own. No transportation related. It would help if you have the desire to learn and have a good time and a spirit of adventure.
- This tour will take in between 2 hours and 2 and a half hours, but we will appreciate your flexibility for small changes.
IMPORTANT BOOKING ADVICE
- When you make your reservation, you will receive a confirmation and a message through the Guru platform. One day before the date of the tour I will contact you again to reconfirm your attendance; If I dont get a response, it could be assumed that you will no longer attend the event.
- If you plan to take this tour immediately you arrive in Panama City and your flight does not land at least 4 hours before the tour; there is a big possibility that you will not arrive on time for it.
- The tour may be canceled if the minimum number of participants required is not reached or due to weather conditions.
- Please keep an eye on your email; in case the tour must be canceled you will be informed through this channel.
- In Panama, it is alway recommended to be prepared for a lot of suns or a lot of rain. you never know for sure.
- If it is raining very hard there is a chance that the activity will be canceled.
- If you are driving, you must use the SPI parking lots that are at the beginning of the CINTA COSTERA 3 (they are free) and then walk to the meeting point. there are no parking lots near the meeting point. If you use the parking lots that are inside CASCO VIEJO, this will drastically change the magic of the activity.
I will put you in touch with the real Panama !!!
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Av. B, Panamá, PanamaAv. B, Panamá, Panama
The meeting point will be at the SELINAS HOTEL, This is at Ave. B just a few meters from the fancy part of Casco Viejo. I am bald 😂😂😂. Or I will be using a cap or a buff covering my head or my face.
1Free admissionSelina Casco Viejo Panama City & Cowork
This hotel is located in what was the security area of the walled city
2Outside visitV Centennial Square
In this place we will do the introducción of the tour because from here we can see the division between the elite white area and the slaves area.
3Outside visitCalle Eloy Alfaro
Different events took place here throughout history, such as trade and exchange of products in the Spanish times; The opium trade during the Californian Gold Rush era etc.
4Outside visitGet out if you can
The real name of this place si in Spanish "Sal si Puedes". This was a forbidden place for the Spanish and then New Granada elite. Today it is a very colorful place to see another part of Panama
5Outside visitParque Santa Ana
Here you can see how the city is changing from a popular area to an elite area. You can see buildings with beautiful architectural styles waiting for a better time. You can see the lines of the old tram and the church that was relegated to slaves and the poor.
6Outside visitCasco Antiguo
Finally we will enter to the elite parte of the city. In this historic place we will walk through its narrow streets and together we will find traces of the protective wall that guarded the treasures of the kings of Spain.
7Outside visitFrance square
This part of the tour will give us one of the most beautiful views of 3 areas of the city. we will walk on the protection wall and learn about the city's ancient defensive system.
8Outside visitCathedral Square (Independence Square)
This is one of the most important parts of the city during the colonial period, because it was surrounded by historical buildings related to the Spanish, Neogranadian and Colombian period. The tour Will end here.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).