Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Essential Oviedo Free Tour
SPAIN FREE TOURS ® is a young, dynamic and expanding company. We are a team of tourism professionals and guides with extensive background in culture, history and art. We work every day from our headquarters in Valencia to become a reference in tour guides services in Spain.
Welcome and welcome to the ancient city of Oviedo.
Join us on our peculiar pilgrimage route , from its nebulous indigenous origins to its destruction during the Spanish Civil War, rubbing shoulders with medieval kings and experiencing political and cultural revolutions.
The ancient capital of the kingdom of Asturias, with its 1,200 years of antiquity, was the first starting point of the Camino de Santiago and the first cradle of Spanish illustration. Join us to discover why from the hand of illustrious and unknown characters who will guide us on a journey through its gastronomy, customs and folklore as well as its peculiar culture full of art, literature and traditions that looks to the future with a renovating impulse, without renouncing its glorious past full of myths, legends and identity.
Get to know Oviedo with us!
What will we visit?
- Monument to Alfonso II El Casto. Did you know that he was the first pilgrim?
- San Tirso Arch. Discover why this pre-Romanesque window of the Asturian Monarchy is the tourist emblem of Asturias, Natural Paradise.
- San Salvador Cathedral. Did you know that this church is the first stop on the Camino de Santiago?
- The Balesquid. Discover the oldest guild brotherhood in Spain, the Alcayates. In addition, the Bollu Preñau also comes from here.
- Monastery of San Pelayo. A female cloistered monastery with great influence for more than 1000 years.
- Feijoo statue. Father of the Spanish Enlightenment-
- San Isidoro Square. We will talk about customs, folklore, modernity and famous people.
- College. Do you know the judge-inquisitor of Santa Teresa de Jesús? Well, here in Oviedo he did a little more...
- The Scandal. The square of 1000 names. Help us find out why it is called that.
Meeting point:Pl. Alfonso II el Casto, 8, 33003 Ovi...Pl. Alfonso II el Casto, 8, 33003 Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
We are waiting for you at Plaza Alfonso II El Casto (center of the square, in front of the Cathedral). Look for the orange umbrella!
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).