Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Historical Ankara Walking Tour
Hi! I am Ahmet, a professional tour guide licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism and Culture and all my tours are being conducted under the regulations of the Ministry. Feel free to contact me for more information.....
Ankara is located in central Turkey on the Anatolian Peninsula, the Asian side of this continent-spanning nation. The city sits at an altitude of 850 metres (2800 feet) and has existed as a settlement for several thousand years. For many centuries it was an important trading post on the Silk Route connecting Europe with the riches of Asia and Africa. In 1923 the city became the capital of new Republic of Turkey and a tremendous growth spurt began. With around 6 million inhabitants today, it is the second largest city, after Istanbul, in modern Turkey.
The places that we will see and talk you about are:
- Melike Hatun Mosque (Republican Style)
- Eynebey Turkish Bath (Ottoman Period - Outside)
- Historical Sengul Turkish Bath (Ottoman Style)
- Old Jewish Quarter (Ruined Buidings)
- The Only Synagogue in Ankara (Outside)
- Historical Ankara Houses (2011 Excellence Award)
- Mehmet Akif Ersoy Museum (Writer of Turkish Anthem)
- Aslanhane Mosque (Seljuk Style-Unesco World Heritage List)
- Ankara Castle (The Highest Point in Ankara)
- Rahmi Koc Museum (Outside - The first industrial heritage museum in Turkey)
- Museum of Anatolian Civilizations (Outside - nicknamed as the Princess of Museums in Europe)
- Roman Theatre (excavations are going on)
- Spice Bazaar
- Augustus Temple (Built in the year of 25 BCE)
- Julianus Column (Built in the year of 362)
- Hacı Bayram-ı Veli Mosque (Ottoman Style Mosque and the most holy shrine in Ankara)
- Treasury Museum
- Financial Independence Museum (Outside)
- Victory Monument (The biggest Atatürk Statue in Ankara)
- First Turkish National Assembly (Outside)
- Second Turkish National Assembly (Outside)
- Ankara Palace (outside)
- Historical and New Ankara Train Stations
- Steering Building (Atatürk's Headquarters in the Independence War)
- Atatürk's Wagon
- Atatürk's Mausoleum
I invite you to discover Turkiye on her heart and to learn her beats with a unique tour which you will not be able to find anywhere else. You will have the chance to learn all the things you wonder about this city with a local licensed tour guide.
Meeting point:Mebusevleri, Anıt Cd. No:2, 06570 Çan...Mebusevleri, Anıt Cd. No:2, 06570 Çankaya/Ankara, Türkiye
I will be in front of the Anadolu Ankaray Station with a black umbrella
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).