Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Walking Tour Fez Medina
Hi! I am Mohammed, a long-time veteran of the hospitality industry, and it is my passion for traveling that has led me to become a Moroccan culture ambassador in Fez. I am a very passionate guide with more than 10 years of experience with worldwide clients. I lived for so long in Fes the Medina and I wanted to share my knowledge and experience with you. Exploring the Old Medina on your own is a little bit risky due to the numerous look-alike alleys. So through this experience, I would like to introduce to you the Old Medina of Fes and its Ramparts by telling you all about the Historical background and local cultural anecdotes. Through my journey in Fes, I have convinced many travelers from all around the world that the Fes Medina is the best one in Morocco, and I would be excited to do that with you too! PS: We also have many different tours, including day trips to Chefchaouen, Makenes & Volubilis, and desert trips from overnight to multiple days. We also provide customized tours based on your interests and what you want to do while in Morocco. If you're interested in any of these options, please contact me and I will provide you with more information!
Through the main entrance of the Old Medina, we will walk to “Talaa Sghira” to see the traditional food markets . Then we will proceed to visit the following sites:
- Ennejarine Square; to see the oldest fountain in the Medina, as well as the “Ennejjarine” museum, where you will get to discover plenty of artifacts and see how CaravanSerais were centuries ago. We’ll also have a walk through Ennejjarine streets to see traditional wood artisans making their art.
- Stop by at a Moroccan holy section: ”Moulay Idriss 2 tomb”
- Walk through “Essebaghin ” square where they redye the wool, and catch a sight of the river that separates the old Medina on 2 sections: The Andalusian Section, and The Quaraouin section.
- Stop by at El Quaraouin Mosque
- Visit a Carpet cooperative, and observe moroccan women making rugs the traditional way.
- Stop by at the oldest tanneries in Fez and all Africa.
- Visit a berber pharmacy and observe the local making of Argan oil.
Your guided tour will contain a mix of informative and enjoyable discovery of historical sites and artifacts.
PS: We also have many different tours, including day trips to Chefchaouen, Makenes & Volubilis, and desert trips from overnight to multiple days. We also provide customized tours based on your interests and what you want to do while in Morocco.
If you're interested in any of these options, please contact me and I will provide you with more information!
Meeting point:3278+9P3, Fes, Morocco3278+9P3, Fes, Morocco
We pick up from any Hotel or Riad in Fez city
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).