Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Cuenca in Full Light
Hi! My name is Cristian and I am from Cuenca, Spain. 3 years ago I started working as a guide in my land and some time later, together with a friend, I was the co-founder of a tourism company. I obtained the title of official tourist guide almost 2 years ago and, since then, my purpose is to disseminate the history, the legends, and the coolest and most interesting things of Cuenca to anyone who wants to know it. Today, I am The Juggler of History, so I tell the history of Cuenca in a rigorous, entertaining, and professional way. I'm delighted to be your guide in Cuenca and that together we not only get to know it but together we discover it: its history, its culture, its heritage, it's past and it's present. Let yourself be guided by the minstrel of history. We sure had a great time!
Cuenca was declared a World Heritage Site in December 1996.
Its orography, its unique and incredible architecture, its history, its gastronomic, cultural, and landscape wealth, make this land a dazzling place.
This tour is ideal to get to know Cuenca in full light , to discover it, showing its main points of interest as well as other places that probably go more unnoticed by travelers.
We will learn about the history of the city, through its main monuments, medieval corners, and anecdotes, which will delight visitors.
Cuenca A Plena Luz was born with the double objective of, on the one hand, showing the city to get to know it in depth, and, on the other, giving the possibility to travelers who, for various reasons, cannot wait for the night and want to do the day night tour.
- Plaza Mayor Fountain, Plaza Mayor (departure / meeting point)
- Main Square
- Julián Romero Ronda Street
- Florencio Cañas Viewpoint
- St. Peter's Church (exterior)
- Archive and old castle
- Trabuco Street
- Júcar Round
- Camilo José Cela Viewpoint
- Severo Catalina Street
- Main Square
- Hanging Houses, San Pablo Bridge and old San Pablo Convent (end)
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE
Travelers, we know perfectly well that this is a free tour platform, so given some somewhat negative opinions that only criticized the fact that we give a ticket at the beginning of the visit, we clarified it to you, although we always do it at the beginning of the tour, why we deliver it.
We not only do free tours, but we work with many platforms, some with prior payment and others in which the client pays when arriving at our meeting point. Many people choose free tour platforms without really knowing what it is or how much they have to give, and for all those doubts, this website has a section of doubts in which there is already an answer, so we focus on what is important: we give a ticket, in which the amount reflects how we value our service, since it is essential to take it to a possible tax inspection and because said ticket acts as a simplified invoice. At no time are you asked to pay that amount, but rather you have to bring it. There are many people who prefer to pay that amount and then remain calm about the payment and other people prefer to give whatever they want at the end of the tour (of course, there are also scoundrels who leave before or at the end of the tour and do not give anything, but we don't count those types of people). That said, it is necessary that you bring your corresponding ticket, which does not imply that we are going to visit any monument, but simply and simply that you have to bring it, so that we can declare our taxes.
Additional information for travelers:
- Due to high demand from many travelers, we offer the "Night Spell" tour, our history tour at night, in broad daylight. We do it so that travelers who do not want to, or cannot do it at night, have the opportunity to do it during the day, being totally different from "Daytime Wonder".
- It complements perfectly with the daytime tour, "Daytime Wonder", since up to 90% of the tour is different.
- It is exactly the same as the "Night Spell", so it is not advisable to do it if you are going to book the night spell, or vice versa, it is not advisable to do the night spell if you are going to book this one.
- It is complementary to the "Legends of Cuenca" tour, since 80% of the tour is the same, although the contents are very different. In this one they only talk about legends or mysteries and the other is pure history.
Meeting point:C. San Pedro, 1, 16001 Cuenca, SpainC. San Pedro, 1, 16001 Cuenca, Spain
I will be at the fountain in the Plaza Mayor, in front of the Cathedral and next to the Globalcaja ATM. I will wear a yellow, white or black uniform.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).