Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Tarragona essentials- Free walking tour in English
Hi, my name is Hayley! I am from London in the UK and have been living in the beautiful, historical town of Tarragona for several years now! I am a Foreign Languages Teacher by profession with a degree in Hispanic Studies (including Spanish and Portuguese languages, culture and history) and I love to take people on tours in my free time! In addition to this, I love art, history, music, travelling, and meeting new people from all over the world :)
Free tour in English! (Get ready to travel back in time to ancient Tarracco!)
Concise but complete small group tour of Tarragona covering the main attractions of both modern and historical Tarragona, finishing off in the impressive Plaça de la Font where you can go for a vermut/ drinks and nibbles if desired (optional). I will also be touching on some Spanish and Catalan traditions and culture.
Main Attractions we will visit:
- Plaça del mercado (Market square)
- Foro de la Colonia (Colonial Forum)
- Rambla Nova
- Mediterranean Balcony
- The Roman Amphitheatre
- The Roman Circus
- Santa Tecla Cathedral (where the Ancient Temple of Augustus used to lie)
- Plaça del Rei (King's Square)
- Plaça del Forum (Forum Square)
- Plaça dels Sedassos (Sedassos Square)
- Plaça de la Font (Fountain Square)
...and some other suprises! ;)
So get ready to explore and create some new memories together on your upcoming trip to Tarragona!
Please note that:
- This is a free tour so entry is not included to any of the sites we will pass by (we will be viewing them from outside only, but they are all mostly open air so it's still close enough to get a great view!) :)
- Make sure you bring plenty of water and sun cream (especially during the summer months)! It's good to check the weather forecast and dress appropriately for the expected weather conditions before leaving for the tour.
- This tour can last anywhere between 2 and 2.5 hours depending on the pace of the group and crowdedness of Tarragona on the day.
- The minimum total number of attendees for the tour to go ahead is 2 (you will be informed beforehand if this is the case).
-All the photos above are my own photos and depict a few of the sites we will encounter on the tour :)
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Pl. de Corsini, 43001 Tarragona, SpainPl. de Corsini, 43001 Tarragona, SpainDirections
1Outside visitMercado de Tarragona
2Outside visitForo de la Colonia
3Outside visitRambla Nova
4Outside visitBalcón del Mediterráneo
5Outside visitAnfiteatro de Tarragona
6Outside visitCirc Romà
7Outside visitPlaza del Rey
8Outside visitPlaza del Foro
9Outside visitCathedral of Santa Tecla of Tarragona
10Outside visitPlaça dels Sedassos
11Outside visitPlaza de la Fuente
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others cities to visit after Tarragona
Find similar guruwalks in Tarragona