No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free bike tour in Lagos local tips and nature.
Hi, I'm Gavin, Norwegian nationality, but born and raised in Lagos, Portugal. Having worked in hospitality for a large number of years, from restaurants to bars and most recently as a tour guide, in my own business, allied to the knowledge of the history and feeling of accomplishment I get when I show people around my hometown of Lagos, makes me the ideal man for the job to introducing you to Lagos.
Cycling through Lagos gives you the opportunity to see more in less time. History, the beautiful coastline, and the cliffs of Lagos.
The tour will be 2:30 hours, bring comfortable clothes and water.
The metting point is Lagos Marina.
- Fishing boat Dock, see the boats used for fishing in Portugal, and also a replica of the boat used by the Portuguese in the 15th century.
- A Visit to Meia Praia is in order since we are close, to the biggest beach in Lagos.
- 1920's Lagos train station
- Lagos farmers Market on Saturday is a must and the fish Market on any other day as well.
Lagos old town historical landmarks fortresses and other secrets, such as
- City Hall
- praça Infante Dom. Henrique
- Slave Market
- Igreja Santa Maria
- Igreja Santo António
- Regimental warehouse
- Lagos Castle and city walls
- Lagos Fort(forte da Bandeira)
- Ponta da Piedade with its beautiful cliffs, lighthouse, rock formations, and views.
- Padaria Central (the oldest bakery in Lagos)will be our last stop, for a coffee and some local treats and tips, before heading to the meeting point.
The tour is 2:30 hours we will cover approx 10 km at a smooth and relaxed pace. Bikes/helmets and the tour are free, just bring comfortable clothes and water, the tour is relatively easy anyone that knows how to ride a bike can take part.
Looking forward to making good memories with you all, book now as the groups are small
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Edifício da Administração, 8600-315 L...Edifício da Administração, 8600-315 Lagos, Portugal
I will be at the Lagos Marina walking bridge, with all the bicycles in a silver van.
2Outside visitLagos Train Station
3Outside visitMercado de Levante de Lagos
4Outside visitRéplica da Caravela Boa Esperanca
5Outside visitMeia Praia
6Outside visitPraça Infante Dom Henrique
7Outside visitMercado de Escravos - Núcleo Museológico Rota da Escravatura
8Outside visitIgreja de Santo António
9Outside visitIgreja Paroquial de Santa Maria de Lagos
10Outside visitJardim da Constituição
11Outside visitPonta da Piedade
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).