Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free Tour SOHO, "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll" in the heart of London
𝗔𝗹𝗴𝘂𝗻𝗮 𝘃𝗲𝘇 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗱𝗼 𝗲𝗻 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝗷𝗼𝘀? 🇬🇧 When you get to the meeting point you will see 𝗦𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗴𝗼 🖖, "𝘦𝘭 𝘨𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘰", there is no substitute ... journalist and guide resident in 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝘀 for almost a decade. 👉I love ice skating, noodles, Charing Cross musicals and answering questions to lost tourists. Do not miss on my tours: 1. historical accuracy. 2. Have a good time. 3. Lots of theater. 4. Sense of humor. 5. Empathy. The future of Free Tours ⛱️ belongs to independent guides. ☝️ So 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗔, take it off my hands...
*Not recommended for children under 15 years of age.
!Done the law done the snare!
From the legalization of piracy to Paul Raymond, passing through the transformation of the brothels of the old red district.
SOHO represents the revolution of the modern era reinventing the nude in theaters or shaking the system with the first communist manifesto.
- We begin with the Opium War in Chinatown , going through the misadventures of the most womanizing English king in the origins of this ancient hunting ground. By the early 20th century there was a mix of restaurants of foreign origin, a hotspot for intellectuals, writers and artists.
- We will pass by the famous Red Lion where Marx and Engels met to change the course of history.
- We will tell the anecdotes of the famous Windmill Theater that opened a stage in Burlesque, bypassing the censorship of the moment.
- We will walk the streets of the most famous Gay neighborhood in the world remembering the King of SOHO, Paul Raymond, through the clubs that are still open.
- We will talk about the rise of the Sex Shops to the decline of the Night Clubs, in an area that survived one of the harshest cholera pandemics, thanks to Dr. Jhon Snow.
- The Rolling Stones or Jimi Hendrix will accompany us on this adventure in the heart of London, through the streets of the famous Carnaby Street, a symbol of the 70s .
- We will finish in the temple that launched the acclaimed Beatles to fame: The Palladium Theatre, very close to Oxford Circus , where we will put the icing on the cake of our Tour.
If you dare, we can work OUT !!
Cash or card.
Meeting point:1 Swiss Ct, London W1D 6AP, UK1 Swiss Ct, London W1D 6AP, UK
Under the Swiss watches, near the portrait artists. Between the M&Ms and Lego store on Leicester Street. I carry a red umbrella.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others tours from this guru
Others cities to visit after London
Find similar guruwalks in London