Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Jerusalem Old City - Free Tour
Come and discover the Historic Old City of Jerusalem with me! My name is Avi and I'm 32 years old. I was born in California but I´ve pretty much lived in Israel most of my life. My hobbies are History, religion and nature and I look forward to sharing my experiences and knowledge in a fun easy-going tour😄
In our three-hour tour, we will go on a journey that spans over three thousand years of history. We will explore the fantastic layers of history of the dozens of nations that left their mark on this unique city. We will be seeing the holiest sites for the three monotheistic religions, as well as Middle Eastern bazaars, Mamluk Madrasahs, and much more!
We will also get to understand the current situation in Jerusalem in regard to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. We will delve into the modern challenges of Jerusalem being in the heart of the conflict and get a glimpse of one of the deepest and most controversial issues of our time.
The tour will include:
- The starting point - Jaffa Gate
- Church of the holy Sepulcher
- Ethiopian Church
- Muristan market
- Rooftop lookout on the Old City
- Jewish Quarter
- Wailing Wall
- Muslim Quarter
- Ending point - Muristan Market
Important please read!
* Please come with modest clothes as we are entering holy sites
* Please note that this tour involves a lot of walking including elevation and uneven surfaces...come prepared!
*Please check the weather before the tour and make sure that you are prepared.
* Some changes can be made along the tour depending on specific schedules of sites and various holidays etc.
* About a third of this tour is dedicated to Christianity and Christian sites - some of the via dolorosa is included but not all stations!
*הסיור כולל כניסה לכנסיות ושם דגש די מרכזי על כנסיות ונצרות!
Looking forward to meeting you!
Meeting point:Yaacov Wilk - Tour Guide in Israel, ש...Yaacov Wilk - Tour Guide in Israel, שער יפו, העיר העתיקה, Jerusalem
I will be wearing a brown leather cowboy hat right next to the large tourist map of the old city inside Jaffa gate
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).