No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free walking tour Bhaktapur: the living museum
Hi, I'm Prabin Bati. I am from Bhaktapur, Nepal. I am Nepalese government certified professional Tour Guide. I have been involved in tourism since 2012. I am a native of Kathmandu valley. I am doing my masters in Nepalese culture, History. If you are interested in Nepalese culture, history, and lifestyle I will be the best guy for you. Lets experience the best moment in Nepal in a most authentic way. Eager to meet you and exploring the ancient town together. Thank you
Bhaktapur is the ancient capital of the Malla Kingdom from 12th century till mid 17th century. It is located in the east of Kathmandu some 13 km.
Bhaktapur Durbar Square is listed as the UNESCO heritage site.
It is the living museum to watch the traditional lifestyle of the Newar people. You may encounter festivals and many more. it is a peaceful and culturally rich city. the architecture is so unique that you will be amazed. we will be seeing various local industries, lots of temples, palaces and very ancient monuments.
The popular site in this town is Palace area, Nyatapole Temple, and Pottery Square. It is popular for King Curd which you should try once. if you are a foodie then you should try the local ethnic Newari food which could be spicy (in local shops) but you will definatly love it.
There are many legends, stories, and ancient monuments that I would like to share with you. you should definitely take this tour to experience real Nepali life.
Time and tour itinerary:
- Meet at Durbar square main Entrance (Ticket Counter), explore the Palace area (00:00-30:00hrs)
- Explore pottery square, Nyatapole Temple Square (00:30-01:00 hrs)
- Heritage walk up to Dattatraya Square with beautiful alleys, temples, courtyards. (01:00-01:30 hrs)
- --tea break--
- Walk back to the bus station, we will be seeing the ancient way of lifestyle of the indigenous Newar people. We can try local authentic newari food if you want. I will be sharing many legends, myths, story about festivals, beliefs, our culture, practice, and many more. (01:30-02:30 hrs)
- Entrance ticket cost NPR 1800 or $15
- Note: client need to pay the entrance ticket fee
Meeting point:MCCG+XX3, Bhaktapur 44800, NepalMCCG+XX3, Bhaktapur 44800, NepalDirections
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).