Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
A journey through one of the oldest and most fascinating neighborhoods in Tel Aviv - Jaffa.
Hi, I am Gidon your tour guide, born and raised in England but living in Israel for the last 12 years I have really fallen in love with the city drawn to its beauty and history. I'm a licensed tour guide in Israel I love nature and history, I enjoy the simple things in life, a beautiful sunset, a good plate of fresh hummus. looking forward to meeting you and showing you around:)
Are you ready for an adventure? Let me take you on a journey through one of the oldest and most fascinating neighborhoods in Tel Aviv - Jaffa. We will understand the importance of the city historically and in its modern context.
- We will begin with the ancient history of Jaffa from the 15th century B.C and work our way forwards in time towards the modern era, enjoying the beauty and history all around us:
- Hear the stories;
- Jonah and the whale
- Ramses the Second, Djehuty, and the Trojan horse of Jaffa.
- Simon the Tanner and the importance of Jaffa for the Christian Faith.
- Napoleon Buonaparte and his conquests in the Holy Land.
- The Ottoman period and Abu Nabut.
- The British and the mandate and operation Agatha.
- Special mention of the Jaffa oranges and the mythical story of Andromeda.
Time permitting we will walk through the flea market and get a feel of the good vibes, food, and drink.
Join me for an unforgettable experience and let's explore Jaffa together!
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Louis Pasteur St 8, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Is...Louis Pasteur St 8, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
I will be by the fountain shaped like a whale, if you are walking down the hill it is on your right. it is right next to the street .you can notice my hat and reddish/brown beard.
2Outside visitThe Clock Tower
3Outside visitHouse of Simon the Tanner
4Outside visitWhale Fountain
5Outside visitSt Peters Church
7Outside visitHaPisga Garden
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).