Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Hello everyone, 'salut'! My name is Diana and I am a licensed tour guide, living in Brasov for over 20 years. I have a BA English and French degree, over 10 years experience in teaching and translating. I have been working as a full-time tour guide since 2017. I have in depth knowledge of the local history and culture and I am eager to share with you everything you need to know. With me you will explore the city like a local, getting off the tourist-beaten tracks but without missing the main attractions, thus saving precious time and energy. I will show you the most interesting corners of the old town of Brasov, the best places to hang out as well as the finest pubs and restaurants. You will also have the opportunity to see some hidden gems that you will not find in any travel book.. Would you like to explore Brasov but you cannot join my tour or you want to do/see something particular? Please feel free to tell me, you will have all the support you need. In case you want to visit the region, I can also arrange some tours for you but you need to notify me in advance. I am looking forward to meeting you, Diana, Your guru and friend in Brasov :)
This tour is specially designed for the travellers who do not just want to see the sights but truly experience the destination. It includes the “must sees” of the old city of Brașov but also some special places with a great view.
The tour runs with small groups, for you to have the opportunity for a more in depth and intimate experience and see places that larger groups can't...
The tour is based on a balanced walk/talk and a comfortable pace.
During the tour you will:
- Have a refreshing walk and a short hike in the forest along a mountain river- trekking shoes needed
- Learn the essential things about Romania's history and culture
- Listen to the dark stories of medieval Brașov and Count Dracula
- Find out about communism and the Romanian revolution
- Get familiar with the traditional Romanian dishes
- Find out about the best restaurants and pubs in the city
- Get assistance and advice in planning your trip:
Probably the most beautiful city in Romania, Brasov is a great place to visit in any season, the perfect destination for exploring Transylvania. Brasov is close to the medieval castle of Bran known for the Dracula legend, the royal Peles Castle, the Unesco fortified church of Prejmer, the Bear Sanctuary, the beautiful medieval city of Sighișoara, the picturesque Saxon village of Viscri and many other interesting attractions. If you like nature, you can also go hiking in the mountains around Brasov.
Brasov itself is a beautiful medieval city, with lots of places for great photos, a perfect destination for romantic lovers, solo travellers or familes with kids.
Sights that we'll see during the walking tour:
- The Council Square - the most popular place in Brasov with lots of nice cafes, restaurants, pubs and museums
- The Council House (outside) - the old townhall of Brasov
- the forest and the mountain river behind the walls of the old citadel of Brașov
- The Black Church (outside)- the largest gothic church in South - Eastern Europe
- The Rope Street - the narrowest street in Romania
- Catherine Gate - the oldest medieval gate in Brasov, a real piece of jewellery
- Schei Gate - a 9-century old triumphal arch, the entrance to the old Romanian district
- the Black Tower for a great view and, if the weather is good, the White Tower - part of the fortification system of the old citadel of Brasov with an amazing view.
Get off the beaten track to enjoy authentic local interaction and truly understand Brasov and Romania!
In the Council Square (Piata Sfatului) near the fountain, I will be holding the Romanian flag and a bunch of pictures of Brasov
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).