- Available in: English
- Duration: 2 hours
About the guru Diana
Hello everyone, 'salut'! My name is Diana and I am a licensed tour guide, living in Brasov for over 20 years. I have a BA English and French degree, over 10 years experience in teaching and translating. I have been working as a full-time tour guide since 2017. I have in depth knowledge of the local history and culture and I am eager to share with you everything you... More »
Hello everyone, 'salut'! My name is Diana and I am a licensed tour guide, living in Brasov for over 20 years. I have a BA English and French degree, over 10 years experience in teaching and translating. I have been working as a full-time tour guide since 2017. I have in depth knowledge of the local history and culture and I am eager to share with you everything you need to know. With me you will explore the city like a local, getting off the tourist-beaten tracks but without missing the main attractions, thus saving precious time and energy. I will show you the most interesting corners of the old town of Brasov, the best places to hang out as well as the finest pubs and restaurants. You will also have the opportunity to see some hidden gems that you will not find in any travel book.. Would you like to explore Brasov but you cannot join my tour or you want to do/see something particular? Please feel free to tell me, you will have all the support you need. In case you want to visit the region, I can also arrange some tours for you but you need to notify me in advance. I am looking forward to meeting you, Diana, Your guru and friend in Brasov :)
About the tour
I comply with all the sanitary rules in force worldwide so that you enjoy the tour safely
The tour is available for no more than 5 people.
The face mask is compulsory during the tour.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.
Looking forward to meeting you,
More than just a walking tour! It is a tour specially designed for the travellers who do not just want to see the sights but truly experience the destination. It includes the “must sees” of the old city of Brașov but also a ”special” place with a great view.
The tour runs with small groups, for you to have the opportunity for a more in depth and intimate experience and see places that larger groups can't...
The tour is based on a balanced walk/talk and a comfortable pace.
During the tour you will:
- Learn the essential things about Romania's history and culture
- Listen to the dark stories of medieval Brașov and Count Dracula
- Find out about communism and the Romanian revolution
- Discover Romania's wildlife
- Get familiar to the traditional Romanian dishes and taste the local candies
- Find out about the best restaurants and pubs in the city
- Get assistance and advice in planning your trip - must-see sights around Brasov and Romania
Probably the most beautiful city in Romania, Brasov is a great place to visit in any season, the perfect destination for exploring Transylvania.
Brasov is close to the medieval castle of Bran known for the Dracula legend, the royal Peles Castle, the Unesco fortified church of Prejmer, the beautiful medieval city of Sighișoara, the picturesque Saxon village of Viscri and many other interesting attractions.
If you like nature, you can also go hiking in the mountains around Brasov.
Brasov itself is a beautiful medieval city, with lots of places for great photos, a perfect destination for romantic lovers, solo travellers or familes with kids.
Sights that we'll see during the walking tour:
- The Council Square - the most popular place in Brasov with lots of nice cafes, restaurants and pubs
- The Council House (outside) - the old townhall of Brasov
- The Black Church - the largest gothic church in South - Eastern Europe
BONUS: if you are interested, I can guide you inside; the full entrance ticket costs 12 lei
- The Rope Street - the third narrowest street in Europe
- Catherine Gate - the oldest medieval gate in Brasov, a real piece of jewellery
- Schei Gate - a 9-century old triumphal arch, the entrance to the old Romanian district
- the White and Black Tower (optional), part of the fortification system of the old citadel of Brasov
- The Weavers bastion (outside)- the best preserved part of Brasov's fortifications
- A scenic walk with a great view
IMPORTANT: Please book your tour a few hours before the tour starts, preferably the day before.
My groups are small and intimate so the sooner you save your place, the better...
Anyway, you can always ask me if your tour is available.
In case of organized groups larger than 10 people, please warn me and the tour will run only for you (no additional cost).
I have had very nice experiences with large families, including kids or large groups of students.
Get off the beaten track to enjoy authentic local interaction and truly understand Brasov and Romania!
What's the price?