Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Orientation Walk - Free Tour with a Laidback Guide
We are A group of Sicilian tour guides and we can’t wait to welcome you in our city!
Hi there, nice to meet you! We are a group of young Palermitan guides who simply love meeting travelers and give them a warm welcome to our magic city!
If you are searching for a tour that gives you the chance to understand Palermo beyond the stereotypes and the touristy information printed on guidebooks, this is your tour! If you are searching for a tour where to meet locals and new travel mates, this is your tour.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We'll take you on a free walk around the old city of Palermo that combines history and art with daily life, traditions, and cuisine. A bouquet full of nuances and aromas of Palermo. Our itinerary is purely a "Welcome Tour to Palermo".
The tour starts from the exact address of VIA MAQUEDA 453 (opposite Teatro Massimo) and ends at the Cathedral. The soul of Palermo resides in its backstreets. A big part of the tour will be in the shade of it. But we will also unveil the bright and elegant architecture of the main historical squares: Quattro Canti, piazza Vergogna, piazza Bellini.
WHY JOIN THIS TOUR?
- You will get an overview of Palermo city center and get lots of tips to help you find your way around (eg. where to eat, what to do, what to visit)
- You will walk around with a local guide introducing his life and culture without filters of any kind. We will not only show you and talk about the good side of the city but also about its dark shadows.
- We have a laid-back guiding style. We enjoy telling stories (rather than listing dates and names!), revealing curiosities, and bringing attention to details that travelers would never notice on their own.
- On this tour, We will also provide lots of tips to help travelers enjoy the rest of their stay and make the best of it!
- Many solo travelers join this tour. This is a great chance to make new friends and meet new travel mates!
If we had to sum up this tour in three words, we would say: MEET, SHARE, ENJOY
IMPORTANT: TOUR IS RUN WITH MINIMUM 6 PARTICIPANTS.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Via Maqueda 453 90133 Palermo PA ItalyVia Maqueda 453 90133 Palermo PA Italy
Via Maqueda 453 - Guide holds a sign where you read FREELY
1Outside visitTeatro Massimo
2Outside visitPiazza Olivella
3Outside visitPiazza San Domenico
5Outside visitPiazza Bellini
6Outside visitPiazza Pretoria
7Outside visitQuattro Canti
8Outside visitPiazza Bologni
9Outside visitCattedrale di Palermo
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).