Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Parts Unknown-Alternative Istanbul Tour - Suleymaniye Mosque
We are a group of friends and official guides from Istanbul. We are in love with our city and we would like to share it with you. For this reason, we have decided to offer our travelers some tours to discover its charm together. Passion, enthusiasm and professionalism characterize us and will be the perfect ingredients to make you experience Istanbul as we do.
This tour is a great alternative if you have already seen Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque part, or looking for a more off-the-beaten-track-free tour!
It covers the main attractions of our city but mainly focuses on the hidden gems that are well and truly "off the beaten track" and gives you facts you wouldn't know or notice walking around by yourself.
We will try to explain to you how it feels to be a Turkish person by telling stories about Turkish weddings, social life, daily routines, foods, and much more
Places to Visit:
- Soleymaniye Mosque
- Beyazıt Square
- Ancient Book Market( Sahaflar Carsısı)
- Beyazit Mosque
- Corlulu Ali Pasa Madrasah
- Istanbul University
- Markets of Tahtakale and Mahmutpasa
- Ottoman Cementry
- Wooden ottoman houses
- Suleymaniye view point
During this tour;
We will first have a short visit to a local hangout place Corlulu Ali Pasa Madrasah and see why the Italian people say ‘you smoke like a Turk’
We will then make our way to one of Istanbul’s oldest markets- the Old Book Bazaar Sahaflar Çarşısı; located on the site of the Byzantine Empire’s book and paper market and talk about the education system in Turkey
Visit the glorious Suleymaniye Mosque and learn about Sultan Süleyman!
We will tell you then about the wedding ceremonies, arranged marriages! We will also touch subjects like LGBT, how politics are in our country from a local perspective!
We will also help you meet Turkish Jimmy Hendrix of the kebabs!
We will visit 15th century Beyazit mosque(no touristy)
We have personally designed this tour for our guests to really get into the crevices of our great city. Your day will be filled with abundant information, fascinating stories, and experiences that you could not have with any other tour guide company!
Nothing unexpected or wonderful is likely to happen if you have an itinerary in Paris filled with the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower.” So we believe the same for Istanbul!
Are you ready for a local adventure?
1) if you are are group more than 8 people we don't accept your reservation even you make seperate bookings. Your guide has the right not to accept your group if you come as a big group. This tour is designed for solo travellers couples and small groups. Please contact us if you have a big group so we can arrange private tour for you.
2) if you have a classic tour same morning you won't be able to have enough time to arrive on time for our tour. Please don't book our tour If you have a classic tour in the morning.
3) the tour ends in the garden of Suleymaniye Mosque. After the tour ends, we like to show you one of the best kebabs in town.(optional and extra-fairly priced) and you have a option to sample Turkish delights and fruit teas . If you re willing you can follow your guide after the tour ends.(which is completely optional)
Meeting point:Mimar hayrettin mah, Beyazıt, Yeniçer...Mimar hayrettin mah, Beyazıt, Yeniçeriler Cd. no 39 /1, 34110 Fatih/İstanbul, TurkeyDirections
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).