Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Balat & Fener Walking Tour(Easy Access by Ferry)
We are licensed tour guides in several languages and we do thematic and boutique tours under an official (Tursab) tour agency in Istanbul. We tell the stories of our city. In our tours, we limit the number of walkers with max 15 participants to have more motivated & connected group tours. You can always write to us about any special things you need during your visit in Istanbul. It could be about any how-to questions.
Welcome to Istanbul Dear Walkers!
We begin our tour from the Karakoy area where we get into the Golden Horn Ferry via Karakoy Pier. We have a Golden Horn River Ferry Tour to the Christian Quarter called Fener. From Fener to Balat we walk to the Jewish Quarter of the Ottoman Empire period through colourful streets. With the harmony you will come across in the area you will be finding peace.
At the finish point, there are public transportation (tram to Eminonu) opportunities to be back to certain areas. We help the walkers how to go back easily.
Itinerary (from outside):
- Golden Horn Ferry Tour(Public Ferry ticket will be paid by the guide)
- Instagrammable Spots
- Fener Orthodox Patriarchy
- Greek Red School
- Fener and Balat Colourful Streets and Stairs
- Mansions and Classical Apartments of the Balat
- Ahrida and Yanbol Synagogues
- Balat Armenian Church
- Balat Armenian School
- Ferruh Kethuda Mosque(Great Architect Sinan's Heritage)
- Jewish Bazaar
- City Walls of Istanbul (Roman Period)
Please note that;
- It is around 2,5 km of walking and sometimes a bit steep.
- At the end of the tour, you are expected to tip the guide minimum 10 Euros or 300 liras per person.
- We keep the number of walkers between 7 - 12 in our tours.
- There is only cash payment
If the tour hours don't suit you please check other tour options in Fener & Balat area given by other gurus.
Guruwalk official guides will cover your expectations for Fener&Balat.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Karaköy Meydanı, Halil Paşa Sokak, No...Karaköy Meydanı, Halil Paşa Sokak, No:14 Aksu İş Hanı, Kat:5, Daire:507, Kemankeş Karamustafa Paşa, 34425 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Türkiye
I will be in front of the Atlas Outdoor (next to Karakoy Tram Station)
1Outside visitColoured Houses of Balat
Sordrd yc cc ex xxx zx xxxrr feed the f
2Outside visitAhrida Synagogue
3Outside visitBalat Jewish Bazaar
4Outside visitKarakoy Pier
5Outside visitFener Piewssr
zz CA zzz z zzz zzz
9Outside visitKemankeş Karamustafa Paşa
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).