Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Free Tour Great Center of Cartagena: Walled City and Getsemani
We are a group of local guides who believe in the positive impact of tourism by offering you a complete cultural experience by foot through the streets of the historic centers of Bogotá, Medellín and Cartagena. Join us and discover what Colombia and our people have for you!
Visit the Great Center of Cartagena: the neighborhoods of Santo Domingo and Getsemaní together in a single tour!
We are the largest group of expert local Free Tours guides in Colombia with 12 original tours created by ourselves and also the most awarded tours in the country! 7 international recognitions, 5 TripAdvisor Travelers Choice and Top 3 in Bogotá, Cartagena, Medellín and Cali.
We are authentic guides connecting Colombia since 2013, 10 years sharing passion at every step!
Visiting the Santo Domingo and Getsemaní districts will give you a broader idea of how our lives during colonial times were divided by social class but connected to achieve local independence. We will experience Cartagena in a different way once we cross the Camellón de los Mártires square, the old bridge that allowed the two sides of society to come together and build their own identity.
Revolts , independence , revolutions and uprisings are the basis of a resistant and fighting Colombian culture that you will be able to see and feel. Travel back in time, walk the historical path of freedom and be part of the essence of "La Fantástica" . Cross from north to south to the viewpoint of the San Felipe Fortress and understand the great power held by the people of Cartagena, the jewel of the old Spanish Crown.
What are the topics we will talk about?
- Plaza de Santo Domingo and Botero sculpture
- African heritage, music and customs
- Trinidad Church and Cultural Plaza
- The Palace of the Inquisition and its history of transformation
- San Pedro Claver sanctuary and monument
- Centennial Park and Sierpe Street
- “Wide” and “narrow” alleys
- Gentrification of “Getsemanicians”
- And much more!
What do we include in our Tour?
- Certified guide in Spanish.
- Precise and objective knowledge of the history of the great center of Cartagena.
- Tour of essential places in both neighborhoods of the walled city and Gethsemane.
- Benefits and discounts with our recommended friends if you show the bracelet that we give you at the end of the tour, exclusively for our participants.
- Local store recommendations for lunch, coffee, souvenirs and more.
A different perspective of our historical and current social and economic contrasts!
Meeting point:a 35-100, Cra. 3 #35-2, Centro, Carta...a 35-100, Cra. 3 #35-2, Centro, Cartagena de Indias, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
In the sculpture of Botero "Gertrudiz" in the Plaza Santo Domingo (Maps) with our RED UMBRELLAS!
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).