Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
⭐ Free Tour of the Great Center of Cartagena: Walled City and Getsemani
We are a group of local guides who believe in the positive impact of tourism by offering you a complete cultural experience by foot through the streets of the historic centers of Bogotá, Medellín and Cartagena. Join us and discover what Colombia and our people have for you!
Visit the Greater Center of Cartagena: the neighborhoods of Santo Domingo and Getsemaní together in a single tour!
We are the largest group of local expert Free Tours guides in Colombia with 12 original tours created by ourselves and also the most awarded in the country! 7 international recognitions, 5 TripAdvisor Travelers Choice and Top 3 in Bogotá, Cartagena, Medellín and Cali.
We are authentic guides connecting Colombia since 2013, 10 years sharing passion in every step!
Visiting the districts of Santo Domingo and Getsemaní will give you a broader idea of how our lives during colonial times were divided by social classes but connected to achieve local independence. We will experience Cartagena in a different way once we cross the Camellón de los Mártires square, the old bridge that allowed the two sides of society to come together and build their own identity.
Revolts , independence , revolutions and uprisings are the basis of a resistant and fighting Colombian culture that you can see and feel. Travel in time, travel the historical path of freedom and be part of the essence of “La Fantástica” . Cross from north to south to the viewpoint of the San Felipe Fortress and understand the great power held by the people of Cartagena, the jewel of the ancient Spanish Crown.
What are the topics we will talk about?
- Plaza de Santo Domingo and sculpture by Botero
- African heritage, music and customs
- Trinity Church and cultural square
- The Palace of the Inquisition and its history of transformation
- Sanctuary and monument of San Pedro Claver
- Centenario Park and Sierpe Street
- “Wide” and “narrow” alleys
- Gentrification of “getsemanicenses”
- And much more!
What do we include in our Tour?
- Certified guide in Spanish.
- Precise and objective knowledge of the history of the great center of Cartagena.
- Tour of essential places in both neighborhoods of the walled city and Gethsemane.
- Benefits and discounts with our recommended friends if you show the handle that we give you at the end of the tour, exclusive for our participants.
- Local store recommendations for lunch, coffee, souvenirs, and more.
A different perspective of our historical and current social and economic contrasts!
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:a 35-100, Cra. 3 #35-2, Centro, Carta...a 35-100, Cra. 3 #35-2, Centro, Cartagena de Indias, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
In Botero's sculpture “Gertrudiz” in Plaza Santo Domingo (Maps) with our RED UMBRELLAS!
1Outside visitSanto Domingo Square
2Outside visitBartolomé Calvo Library
3Outside visitBolivar plaza
4Outside visitSaint Peter Claver Square
5Outside visitAduana's Place
6Outside visitSquare of the Cars
7Outside visitClock Tower Monument
8Outside visitCentennial Park
9Outside visitstreet of flags
10Outside visitTrinity Square
11Outside visitwide alley
12Outside visitLomba Street
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).