Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Tarragona essentials- Free walking tour in English (Small groups)
Hi, my name is Hayley! I am from London in the UK and have been living in the beautiful, historical town of Tarragona for a good few years and also in Sabadell (another Catalan city) prior to that. I have a degree in Hispanic Studies (this includes Spanish and Portuguese languages, culture and history) from Queen Mary University of London. In addition to tour guiding, I am also a Foreign Languages Teacher by profession. It is my passion for other cultures and languages which is what brings me to Spain :) I have also lived in the Middle East (Bahrain), studied in Portugal, and haved lived in 3 other Spanish cities (Salamanca, Almería and Melilla- a Spanish enclave in North Africa). I love to take people on tours in my free time where I can meet new people from all around the world! :) I also studied and Italian and Arabic outside of my degree but I also have many other hobbies asides from learning languages e.g. travelling, art (painting and drawing), history, music, dance, singing and composing music, playing the guitar, sport and martial arts (I am a black belt in Taekwondo!) :)
Free tour in English! (Get ready to travel back in time to ancient Tarracco!)
Concise but complete small group tour of Tarragona covering the main attractions of both modern and historical Tarragona, finishing off in the impressive Plaça de la Font where you can go for a vermut/ drinks and nibbles if desired (optional). I will also be touching on some Spanish and Catalan traditions and culture.
Main Attractions we will visit:
- Plaça del mercado (Market square)
- Foro de la Colonia (Colonial Forum)
- Rambla Nova
- Mediterranean Balcony
- The Roman Amphitheatre
- The Roman Circus
- Santa Tecla Cathedral (where the Ancient Temple of Augustus used to lie)
- Plaça del Rei (King's Square)
- Plaça del Forum (Forum Square)
- Plaça dels Sedassos (Sedassos Square)
- Plaça de la Font (Fountain Square)
...and some other suprises! ;)
So get ready to explore and create some new memories together on your upcoming trip to Tarragona!
These are small group tours so the spaces are limited, however, if there aren't enough spaces left for the tour you would like to attend, please get in touch with me directly as sometimes adjustments can be made :)
Please note that:
- This is a free tour so entry is not included to any of the sites we will pass by (we will be viewing them from outside only, but they are all mostly open air so it's still close enough to get a great view!) :)
- Make sure you bring plenty of water, a hat and sun cream (especially during the summer months as it can get very hot and all of the sites are outdoors)! It's good to check the weather forecast and dress appropriately for the expected weather conditions before leaving for the tour
- This tour can last anywhere between 2 and 2.5 hours depending on the pace of the group and crowdedness of Tarragona on the day.
- The minimum total number of attendees for the tour to go ahead is 4 (you will be informed beforehand if this is the case).
-All the photos above are my own photos and depict a few of the sites we will encounter on the tour :)
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Pl. de Corsini, 43001 Tarragona, SpainPl. de Corsini, 43001 Tarragona, Spain
I will be standing close to the entrance of the post office (a yellow building which says "correos" on the front of it with my folder).
1Outside visitMercado de Tarragona
2Outside visitForo de la Colonia
3Outside visitRambla Nova
4Outside visitBalcón del Mediterráneo
5Outside visitAnfiteatro de Tarragona
6Outside visitCirc Romà
7Outside visitPlaza del Rey
8Outside visitPlaza del Foro
9Outside visitCathedral of Santa Tecla of Tarragona
10Outside visitPlaça dels Sedassos
11Outside visitPlaza de la Fuente
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others cities to visit after Tarragona
Find similar guruwalks in Tarragona