I am a San Franciscan through and through! My family landed here about 1890 and generations have lived and loved here ever since. As a fourth generation local, I was born and raised in the bay area, spent much of my early years in San Francisco and now am thrilled every day for the last 28 years to wake up every day in this beautiful city! As a past entertainer, singer, an...
I am a San Franciscan through and through! My family landed here about 1890 and generations have lived and loved here ever since. As a fourth generation local, I was born and raised in the bay area, spent much of my early years in San Francisco and now am thrilled every day for the last 28 years to wake up every day in this beautiful city! As a past entertainer, singer, and current culinary instructor, I'm excellent at telling a story in an engaging and colorful way, and being a history buff (with my favorite subject being San Francisco) I'll work hard to make sure you enjoy your time with me.
Feeling a little active?
San Francisco’s natural park spaces are unique and unparalleled to other cities in the United States. At the north corner of the City lies “Lands End”. Better known as the “locals” hidden park. The area features many historical monuments, full indoor museum, quiet nature trails, giant Pacific ocean views, and the most magnificent shining prize – a triple, grade A view of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Crafted by a trained chef (also certified in food safety) and culinary teacher, this tour features a tasty bite made from local ingredients served with healing teas from San Francisco’s Chinatown. Along with an energizing and challenging hike, a stop along the beach, a trek through the most “ritzy” neighborhood in San Francisco, and some colorful stories of the past, you’ll go home with a picture of the bridge, end to end, that most visitors would never imagine is possible – guaranteed!
A visit to the ruins of The Sutro Baths
A brief history of the area and it’s native population long ago
Huge, expansive ocean and coastal views
A visit to the exterior of the Legion of Honor museum and its fountains
Note: This is a hiking / walking tour. While not very steep, there are uphill climbs and long sets of stairs through the park. Please read all details before booking.
Drive / Park: It is NOT recommended you drive to the start of the tour. Best to taxi or UBER to the start of the tour. If you are driving, there is a parking lot next to the tour starting spot, but the lot can get full and busy very early. Street parking is nearby, but please check street signs for restrictions. This tour begins and ends in the same location.
· Receive a thank you card with your guides personal suggestions of restaurants, parks, recreation & other “less visited” San Francisco sites & things to do!
· Water and bathroom stops will be signaled along the route. Please note the stops are limited on this tour.
· Guide is equipped with all the food served, first aid kit, emergency water
• Note: This is a hiking / walking tour. While not very steep, there are uphill climbs and long sets of stairs through the park. It is not recommended for very young children, those who may have a medical or heart condition, persons with difficulty walking for long periods of time or related physical issues. Sorry, wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on this tour.
• Dress: comfortable, easy to walk in. Sneakers, light jackets (unless it’s a very cold day), shorts and t-shirts are fine on warm days. It is recommended you always check the weather before you depart as the area has many microclimates.
• What to bring: Extra water if desired, gloves or umbrella (weather permitting), sunglasses and sunscreen is recommended. Medications if needed.
*** NOTE: This tour will not be canceled due to rain, but the route may be modified as some of the trails can flood or be very muddy. Please bring an umbrella if rain is expected. The tour does not supply them.
** RUNNING LATE? Please contact the guide if you expect to run late. Only a 15-20 minute grace period is given f no contact is made. Please be respectful of other guests waiting to take the tour.
Meeting point: Open in Google Maps
How to find me: Meet your guide (the guy wearing a red hat!) in front of the Land's End Lookout Visitors Center. There is a large lion statue in front of the building
What's the price?
My husband, son and I had a terrific time today on this hike! It was so fun and informative. Mark was an excellent guide and host and the treat and tea he brought us were delicious! We will absolutely sign up for more of his tours next time we are in town.
Mark was a very knowledgeable and friendly person. His family has a lengthy history with San Francisco which helped Mark provide more details about the city from his family history. We greatly appreciate how Mark adhered to COVID-19 safety protocol. We definitely applaud Mark for the tour of Sutro Baths and Lands End.
What's the price?