No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
The Spanish Civil War and Franco’s Dictatorship
We are a team of tour guides with a passion for meaningful history and storytelling. We've all been giving tours in Barcelona for many years and will help you understand what makes the city and its sites unique!
Free Walking Tour Spanish Civil War Barcelona
Walk through the streets, squares and neighborhoods where the Spanish Civil War played out in Barcelona.
On this 2 hour tour you will come to understand this incredibly important conflict that lead to a 36 year fascist dictatorship and would change Spain forever.
What we will cover
- Why and how did the war start?
- Who were the many different groups fighting each other?
- The communist Anarchist movement during the espanish civil war
- What was living under Franco’s Dictatorship like?
- How did the war and the dictatorship end?
- Women's roles before, during and after the war
What will you see
- Scarce remaining damage from battles and bombings in Barcelona
- Neighborhoods where much of the fighting took place
- Sites from George Orwell's book "Homage to Catalonia"
By the end of this tour you will know why beautiful Barcelona used to be known as the most explosive and revolutionary city in Europe.
Perfect Barcelona civil war tour for history buffs, students, schools and school trips.
The complicated history is made accessible through clear storytelling and with the help of historic images from the period.
Meeting point:Pl. de Catalunya, 4, 08002 Barcelona,...Pl. de Catalunya, 4, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
On Plaça de Catalunya, next to the water by the "La Deessa" sculpture.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others tours from this guru
Others cities to visit after Barcelona
Find similar guruwalks in Barcelona