No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free Zagreb Upper and Lower Town Walking Tour
Hello, dear walkers! I am a local guide, born, grew up, and live in Zagreb all my life - in the same city, but in two countries :-) In 2009 I become a licensed tourist guide for Zagreb city and Zagreb County, in English and Croatian languages. Since then, I have been conveying this love for Zagreb to people from all over the world, presenting my city through interesting stories and facts, with fun, but in professional way. As a big fan of travel, I got a chance to know many countries on almost all continents, but every time I return to my city, I fall in love with it again.
Immerse yourself in the history, culture, and everyday life of Croatia's capital.
See the most important landmarks of Zagreb Upper Town (built during medivial time) and Lower Town (built on turn of centiries 19th to 20th) and listen to nice, uncommon and interesting stories.
Feel the warmth of local people alongside your guide who was born, grew up, and lives in Zagreb all her life - in the same city, but in two countries :-)
The tour includes:
Europe Square - meeting point of the tour
- introduction including basic information and data on Zagreb and Croatia
Ban Jelacic Square
- story about Ban Jelacic and his horse
- the most popular legend that tells how Zagreb got a name
- passageway built at the turn of century (19th to 20th)
- story about the tie (kravata)
- the most popular shopping street of Zagreb Lower town
- story about the shortest funicular in the world
- old medieval tower with a cannon still in everyday use
St. Catherine's Square
- with a nice baroque church and the oldest high school in Zagreb
- Plateau Gradec – the best view on Zagreb Cathedral - main Roman Catholic church in Croatia
St. Mark's Square
- with the church of St. Mark, the Croatian Parliament, and the Seat of the Croatian government
- only preserved gate to the old medieval town
- story about an old painting
- nowadays a pedestrian street full of cafes, bars, pubs, and restaurants
- find out what this street was famous for in the past time – you might be surprised :-)
The tour ends in Tkalciceva Street, close to the main Zagreb square - Ban Jelacic Square
Let's walk, talk, and have fun together :-)
Your Zagreb guru guide, Marina
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Europski trg, 10000, Zagreb, CroatiaEuropski trg, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Europski trg (European Square) - in the middle of the square, at the Monument to Croatia's entry into the EU in 2013 - you can recognize me by red bag and the tour guide badge
1Outside visitTrg bana Josipa Jelačića
3Outside visitCvjetni trg
5Outside visitKula Lotrščak
6Outside visitKatarinin trg
7Outside visitTrg Svetog Marka
8Outside visitKamenita vrata
9Outside visitTkalčićeva ulica
11Outside visitZagrebačka katedrala
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).