Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
SoHo Neighbor and Black-Owned Business Walking Tour
As a couple of travelers from Colombia and New York, we absolutely love exploring new cultures and experiencing the best that each city has to offer. We both have a passion for art, museums, and events related to fashion, and we are always on the lookout for new and exciting things to see and do. We particularly enjoy visiting some of the world-renowned art institutions in New York City, like the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), and the Guggenheim Museum. Each one offers a unique and fascinating collection of art from around the world, and we could spend hours exploring each one. As fashion enthusiasts, New York Fashion Week is always an event we look forward to. We love seeing the latest collections from some of the biggest names in fashion and being surrounded by other fashion enthusiasts from around the world. We also enjoy checking out other fashion events throughout the year, like sample sales and pop-up shops. Given our shared concern for the environment, we're also excited to attend Climate Week in New York. This annual event brings together leaders from around the world to discuss climate action and sustainability initiatives. It's a fantastic opportunity to learn about and engage with climate-related issues, and we're looking forward to attending. Overall, as a couple who appreciate art, culture, and the environment, New York City is the perfect destination for us. We love the energy of the city and all the incredible things there are to see and do, and we can't wait to explore more.
The SoHo neighborhood is known for its art galleries and trendy shops, as well as a growing number of Black-owned businesses.
This walking tour will take you to some of the best galleries and boutiques in the area, as well as Black-owned businesses like the Harlem-based fashion brand Harlem Haberdashery's SoHo pop-up shop. You'll also learn about the history of the neighborhood and its significance to the African American community.
The tour will begin at the corner of Broadway and Houston Street and end at Pier 25.
- Begin your tour at the corner of Broadway and West Houston Street, where you can take in the bustling atmosphere of this popular intersection.
- Walk east on West Houston Street towards Greene Street.
- Along the way, you'll pass the iconic Louis Vuitton New York SoHo store, known for its luxury fashion and accessories.
- Just a few steps away, you'll find the Ray-Ban SoHo store, featuring the latest styles in eyewear.
- Continue on West Houston Street until you reach The Laundress Store - New York City, where you can shop for eco-friendly laundry and cleaning products.
- Next, head north on Greene Street until you reach the Ghostbusters Headquarters, a popular filming location from the classic 1984 movie.
- Turn left on Broome Street and continue walking west until you reach West Broadway.
- Turn right on West Broadway and walk north until you reach the Tribeca Rooftop + 360°, where you can take in stunning views of the city skyline from the rooftop terrace.
- Finally, head south on West Street until you reach Pier 25, a popular recreational area along the Hudson River with mini golf, beach volleyball courts, and other outdoor activities.
This walking tour offers a mix of high-end shopping, iconic landmarks, and outdoor recreation, as well as opportunities to support Black-owned businesses in the area.
Don't forget to take photos and share your experiences on social media to help spread the word about the vibrant and diverse culture of SoHo!
Meeting point:Broadway & W Houston St, New York, NY...Broadway & W Houston St, New York, NY 10012, USA
I will be there in the corner Broadway & West Houston Street with our logo t shirt.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
This guru has 6 reviews in other tours.