Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
We are the first free walking tours company of Galicia and we will be very happy to show you A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra and Vigo. All our guide are local official tour guides, enthusiastic and looking forward to show you are beutiful Galicia.
We will tell you about all the Celtic influence that has marked the culture of the area for centuries knowing how and where they lived, where they came from and with what places those Celtic ties are shared throughout the European continent.
One of the things that attracts the most attention is knowing the history of Samaín, the ancient Samhain of Celtic origin and known throughout the world as Halloween, a holiday that has been celebrated here since time immemorial and that had a macabre side but always looking for the future welfare of the inhabitants of the area.
Other festivities of pagan origin such as the night of San Juan, celebrated in almost all of Galicia, is one of the most important festivities in this place and you will learn about its origin and way of celebrating it, while we go through various squares in the old town of Pontevedra and discover the various types of typical constructions of the area such as the pallozas.
Another point of interest that the city has is the fact that it forms part of the Camino de Santiago on its Portuguese side. The neighboring country has among its symbols the famous Rooster of Barcelos , which has a beautiful legend behind it and that, as night falls, we will tell you about in the beautiful streets of Pontevedra.
We will see the importance of Carnival in Galicia, Holy Week, the meaning of the Cruceiros and Hórreos , or miracles that occurred in this place showing, once again, that perfect harmony that, century after century, has been achieved between the Christian and the pagan .
Route: Praza da Leña, Church of San Bartolomé, Food Market, Plaza das Cinco Rúas, Santuario das Apariciones and Ponte do Burgo.
* Free payment for each attendee at the end of the visit.
* Punctuality is important. Reservations for visits will be held for 5 minutes after the start of the visit. Once this time has elapsed, the places will be released for the waiting list.
* In the case of not attending, it is requested and appreciated that the reservation be canceled or communicated so that the guide is not waiting and not make the rest of the attendees wait.
* Reservations of more than 6 people in the same group of friends/family are not allowed . In case of making separate reservations for a group larger than 6 people, the guide can refuse the attendees at the same meeting point.
* The client can request receipt of their payment or claim forms.
Look for the blue umbrella
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).